• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserves Or Schooling?

NavyGirl280

Inactive
Reaction score
I submitted my application for the reserves back in September '05. In October I wrote the CFAT and wasnt happy AT ALL with the outcome. I have been out of highschool for nearly 8 years and math was never my best subject. As most of you know, if you're not keen on your math, you probably won't do good on that test. So I refused the 2 trades offered to me and rewrote my CFAT again in February. I did much better on my test this time (still didn't get the trade I wanted  ) but it was definitely an improvement. So now, I face the hard decision of what trade I would like to pursue. I have qualified for Mobile Equipment Operator, Cook, Steward, Lineman, Boatswain, Military Police, Medical Assistant, Artillery, Infantry and Fire Fighter.

So far I have narrowed it down to Military Police.... I am 125 lbs and 5'1". I just sat back and laughed when I found out what I was qualified for. The trade I had originally applied for was RMS CLK. So after my test, he pulled me aside and read over the trades to me and I had to ask him "You are telling me I qualified to drive big tanks, carry big guns and carry big men, but I did not qualify for a desk job?". He just smiled and nodded.    I smiled back, discussed what happens from here and left. Well, since I can remember I have wanted to become a cop. So naturally, without thinking, I choose MP. Med Assistant also jumped out at me a few times.

I went home and contacted 30 MP Platoon in Sackville and went to meet with Sgt. Brine. He strikes me as someone who is very willing to help me out in any way to get me in. He is aware of my situation with my husband going to sea and just asks that I keep him informed while waiting for my test results to finish lingering back.

Well here it is almost April and still no sign of my tests from the hospital yet. I call to check up on them and all they can say is call back next week. Instead of telling me to call back next week and having me on my toes, why not tell me to try back next month    Well now the second issue arises with me attending College in the fall to become a Pharmacy Technican. I had been approved for a set amount from my bank to go to Dalhousie. Well now that I have changed my school (something closer to home and will meet the needs of my 2 small children), the bank found out the tuition is a lot less and now for whatever reason I need a co-signer. I didnt need one for nearly $60,000 but all of a sudden I do for a mere $15,000    What did I miss? So now I have to decide if I will try to get someone to co-sign for me or just say forget it and continue on with the reserves itself. I dont have a clue what to do from here. Anyone with suggestions?

S.Bradbury 
    :cdn:

The recruiting process takes a long time...it doesnt happen overnight, or tomorrow, or next week. Thats been my experience so far anyway. Oh and watch out at Dalhousie...that place is dangerous.  :skull:

I am aware that it may take some time. And after much debating and searching, I have found another college to attend in the fall that wont take as long to complete and not as expensive. My husband is in the military so nothing surprises me with them. I didnt ask for the process to be easy. Just that it be done. I have one more medical test to be done on the 5th and then I wait for those results. This has also given me some time to figure out what I would like to do. So far not much has changed but the order inwhich it may happen, has.

S.Bradbury
    :cdn:

I just passed my PT a few days ago and i'm just waiting now to hear the phone ring with some good news. I'm applying for Reg. INF and I'm pretty excited!

I'm hoping to finish my degree I started at Dalhousie with the military.

Back