• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reservists in AFG (merged)

The 11th Fd Regt RCA from Guelph and Hamilton have about 6-8 Gun Bunnies all ranks over right now

Highland Laddie said:
735 Comms here in the Peg has sent a few, as well as the RWR

Our Padre is over there right now at Nathan Smith. One member of the Regt just came back, and we're looking at 20-25 for TF 01-08.

It was supposed to be OUR padre.. but situation came up and he had to pull pin half way through training......  :-[

I'm curious if any RMRangers have served or are serving in Afghanistan.

The Regiment was well represented in Yugo.

The South Alberta light Horse (RCAC) had 18 on Roto 1 if you include the DComd.
It is the most we have sent on a mission since WWII :salute:

Dragoon19 said:
The South Alberta light Horse (RCAC) had 18 on Roto 1 if you include the DComd.
It is the most we have sent on a mission since WWII :salute:

Ah yes - the NCE - aka SALH Fwd

RangerRay said:
I'm curious if any RMRangers have served or are serving in Afghanistan.

The Regiment was well represented in Yugo.

We have three gearing up for 1-07 with a company from 3 PPCLI. Currently 8 of us are going throught he process to get on TF Afghanistan Roto 5.

Wow, that's quite the showing for a small regiment.  Is the Association doing much to support you guys, and those who have returned?  How is the community support?

What's the attendance like on parade nights?  When I was in in the mid 90's, we would be lucky to muster a platoon for A Coy.

Trinity said:
It was supposed to be OUR padre.. but situation came up and he had to pull pin half way through training......   :-[

Really? Our Padre was in the training rotation from the beginning, so maybe something else occurred, so someone else shifted spots.

My understanding (from the Padre net) is that the Padre rotations are being controlled nationally from the 'Padre net on high' at NDHQ. Our guy was told this rotation or none, even though he wanted to go with our lads on TF 01-08. Stranger things have happened.

15 MP Coy:

5 pers with 1 MP Pl from Jan 06 to august 06
3 pers with TF 1-07 Composite MP Coy
Talk is to have a full reserve MP platoon deploying for TF 1-08, part of the MP Coy

Although not serving in Afghanistan, one CommRes Sqn out west has a few pers deploying to "Sunny SouthWest Asia" on Roto 3 soon.  With them, and the token T.O. Person, the reservists will man over 50% of the det.  I hope all goes well, and I know they will enjoy themselves.. as long as they remember the 2 beer per man per day rule!  I'd hate to any of them return too soon, especially after what it has taken to get them out the door!

There are Comm Reservists in every detachment sent out from CFJSR. As a matter of fact, the next detachment to CM is going be be all Comm Res except for the Det 2 I/C.

211RadOp said:
There are Comm Reservists in every detachment sent out from CFJSR. As a matter of fact, the next detachment to CM is going be be all Comm Res except for the Det 2 I/C.

Yes and no.

Two techs, 1 Op, in addition to the 2IC, are Reg Force with the remaining being reservists

You're right, I forgot about the techs. Easy to do. And the other Op is replacing the fellow that DAGed Red.

Sig_Des said:
They just make it so easy...

I'll just sit here and collect my spec pay, and you can forget about me all you want.  Oh that's right, you operators never forget about us when you finally need your equipment to work.  ::) 

glenndon said:
Oh that's right, you operators never forget about us when you finally need your equipment to work.   ::) 

Well, only when the drop-test fix doesn't work ;D

glenndon said:
I'll just sit here and collect my spec pay, and you can forget about me all you want.  Oh that's right, you operators never forget about us when you finally need your equipment to work.   ::) 

:)
I was wondering when we would hear from you glenndon!

JSR OP said:
:)
I was wondering when we would hear from you glenndon!

awwww now you scared him away!  There was 3 of you and 1 227er! 

Back