• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Revoking Leave for FORCE test?

mkil

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am at CFHSTC right now on a course and have a frustrating situation. I was the only person on my platoon approved to drive to Moncton, NB for emergent care training which starts on May 26. To say CFHSTC has a strict no-driving policy is the understatement of the century. I have extremely substantial circumstances that require me to be in Halifax from May 17-25 involving my young son.

I completed the EXPRES test in April 2013, and was exempt for two years. It is valid until Apr 2015. I also did my FORCE test in November 2013. My unit lost my paperwork saying I did this. They are now saying the only available date for me to do my FORCE test is May 21, and unless I can provide proof of a valid test, I will have to re do it in Borden on this date. Given that I have a CO signed memo, and leave pass as well as a valid EXPRES test (not to mention 6 witnesses who were with me for my FORCE test in Nov), what COA should I take? Are there any systems that would have proof of my FORCE test?

Any information and help is welcome!

First off, once the FORCE test came into effect, your ExPres results were pretty much null and void.

Have your unit check with the PSP staff where you did your FORCE test.  They should have your test results.  This stuff is supposed to be recorded in HRMS, and subsequently, EMAA.

PMedMoe said:
First off, once the FORCE test came into effect, your ExPres results were pretty much null and void.

Have your unit check with the PSP staff where you did your FORCE test.  They should have your test results.  This stuff is supposed to be recorded in HRMS, and subsequently, EMAA.

My thoughts exactly, as of 1 Apr 14, CF Express and Environmental test results became pretty much null and void.  PSP holds a CF Express Test Folder (Fitness File) on all CF members, they also input the most recent testing info to HRMS once completed and keep a copy of the testing forms before they are sent to the parent unit for continued processing/redistribution.

It would have been much easier for your supporting OR to just have picked up the phone, called PSP and asked the question themselves.      :facepalm:

You didn't keep the copy of the test form you were given?  ALWAYS keep your copy.  Make a shadow file at home.

Also...did you look at your MPRR (EMAA and Monitor Mass) to see if your FORCE test results are reflected there?

Leave:  QR & O, Vol I, Ch 16 - Leave, Art 16.01 refers:

16.01 - WITHHOLDING OF AND RECALL FROM LEAVE

(1) Leave may be withheld from an officer or non-commissioned member only when there is a military requirement to do so.

(2) An officer or non-commissioned member on leave may be recalled to duty only:
a. because of imperative military requirements; and
b.when the member’s commanding officer personally directs the member’s return to duty.

(3) An officer or non-commissioned member recalled to duty under paragraph (2) ceases to be on leave and is on duty during the period of the journey from the place from which he is recalled to his place of duty and during the period of the return journey if he resumes leave immediately after completion of the duty for which he was recalled.

I've heard various opinions on if your leave is "cancelled" whether that is withholding, recalled, or neither.  Personally I'm of the opinion that "cancelled" meets the spirit and intent of 16.01(1) but...

Thanks all, I have jumped through so many hoops at this school already that this is just a kick to the gonads right now. I will look through my MPRR over the weekend if I can get into the school, and I'll head  to the PSP office on Monday. I was required to give my copy to the supervisor to put in my file he has in his office, but it never made it in there apparently...

I do really appreciate all of your input!

I've been asked for my copy before, and asked the OR folks to make a copy, that way I still walk away with "my" copy for my keeping.  Tuck this away in your "Lessons Learned WRT CAF Admin" mental file.

The attached picture shows who is supposed to get a copy; this from the FORCE test forms...which I was able to pull from my shadow file here at home.  ;)

Hope it works out!

I think psp keeps a copy as well, so you may be able to look there.

Back