• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Riding Troop

George Wallace said:
I don't think that they have a 'Riding Troop' per say.  If I am correct, they have access to a couple of horses for Ceremonial Functions.

They don't serve the same function as does the LdSH (RC) Riding Troop, the Snow Birds, nor the 2 CMBG and Naval Gun Runs.  As such they don't really fall into the CF in any way shape or form, other than being 'rented' on an irregular to basis.

I understand that they don't serve the same function as the other demo teams but they have more than a few horses. They have a good number of horses probably about 20 or 30(Don't think they have enough riders for them though). When my cadet corps visited the stable they had about 15 training and then more in the stables. They performed a  musical ride for us as well. But I guess they don't fall into the CF as they do allow civilians to join the riding club. It is basically kept around just to keep in touch with the Regiment's heritage.

Back