• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RIP "Pinky" Richardson

Kat Stevens

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Donor
Inactive
Fallen Comrade
Reaction score
"We regret to advise of the death of John "Pinky" Richardson after a brief illness, on 11 June 2009, at the age of 64 years. John was a former Heavy Equipment Operator who served a full career with the Canadian Military Engineers.

A Memorial Service in memory of John will be held on 24 June 2009 at 1:00 pm at Rushnell Funeral Center in Trenton, ON [60 Division St, (613) 392-2111]

In lieu of flowers, memorial donations in memory of John can made to the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation, 4480 Oak St., B321 Vancouver, BC V6H 3V4 or to the SPCA."

Stand Easy, brother, it was an honour and a privilege to serve with you.  CHIMO

Another name from the past.

John, his (ex)wife Sharon, and daughters Debbie, Tara and Heather were our next door neighbours in Lahr. Boy, the trouble we girls could get into ... and the wrath that Pinky and my dad could wreak upon us BUT greater were the fun times and parties at their house.

The whole of us female types crammed into their living room to watch Di marry Charles --- whilst the boys were out of the house enjoying themselves (most likely at the Centennial Club)  ;).

Good man; he will be missed. My condolances to those who served with him and to his family and friends.

Chimo

"Rat and you will be taking the deuce and a half up past Bremner Creek and Harrison. Load up the diesel cans. Stop off at the liquor store in Aggasiz and get a case of beer. The fuel goes to Vic in the dozer and the beer goes to Pinky in the 5/4."

"This thing is going to take a while to go up the hill (Sheepsh*t), here, have a beer."

RiP Pinky.

If you wanted to find Pinky in the grader, you just had to follow the trail of Blue cans down White Route.  In the morning he'd check his route for the day, do a quick mental calculation, and come up with the number of six packs required for the day..."This looks like a two six-pack afternoon, easy."

Kat Stevens said:
If you wanted to find Pinky in the grader, you just had to follow the trail of Blue cans down White Route.  In the morning he'd check his route for the day, do a quick mental calculation, and come up with the number of six packs required for the day..."This looks like a two six-pack afternoon, easy."

This is weird Kat,

Did Pinky serve overseas in Yugo 94/95 in the southwest sector??  You kinda described a guy I remember on tour, and that I was with on leave in Budapest (72 hour) late '94.

What he look like?

dileas

tess

Would have been on the larger side, about 6'2 244-250 ish.  Silver grey hair by then, crew cut.  A bit jowly, looked a little bit like a bulldog, smoked like a chimney, but he could operate circles around anyone, pissed or not.  If you gave him enough time, he could build you a billiard table top with a grader.

Kat just got back from KAF and met Andy Lockhart over there on Canada Day at Canada House and he informed me about Pinky's passing,my heart sank when he told me.
The first thing that came to mind was " How far Pinky?,Hmm,a 6 pack"  ;D

Heres a funny one for you.

On fly over to Germany,I'm rad.op/driver umpire staff,pull in under this bridge and there's 2 5t dumps and go in set up and buddy says Pinky is out side.
I go out side and find him,there he is inside the cab,window pushed open, with the bino's looking at the ladies attending nude swim night at the local Sportz Platz across the canal. ;D

Pinky we will miss you and thank you for your knowledge.

Nick

:salute: :cdn: :salute:

UBIQUE

Back