• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RMC/ROTP 2024-2025

My offer is also for St Jean. I plan on calling and asking details on how this works on Monday. What did you find out about your StJean offer?
Hey all, I accepted the offer today and got the questions about St. Jean all answered. Is anyone's BMOQ July 1st?

Hey all. This is my first response. I moved to "selected" on March 6th and moved to "offer tendered" on April 11th. I got my offer today for AEC. I'm super excited.
Recruiter said I'd be enrolled in June. My offer doesn't give me any dates but my recruiter said likley around June 20th. And basic would be sometime in July, but I have no official dates. Does anyone know if there is a seperate chat/Instagram group for people who have accepted offers?
From what I can see this is the only ongoing chat for our year. I got my offer for Construction Engineering last Friday. Replied with an e-signature bc I don't access to a printer right now. lol hope that's acceptable. nobody has responded yet telling me otherwise. Instagram chat would be good once everyone get's offers & through enrolment

My best guess for BMOQ is July 8th. Looking back at the old forums it seems like the classes of 2022 & 2023 started on the second week of July ish.

Hey all. This is my first response. I moved to "selected" on March 6th and moved to "offer tendered" on April 11th. I got my offer today for AEC. I'm super excited.
Recruiter said I'd be enrolled in June. My offer doesn't give me any dates but my recruiter said likley around June 20th. And basic would be sometime in July, but I have no official dates. Does anyone know if there is a seperate chat/Instagram group for people who have accepted offers?
Congratulations

Yea, hopefully. It looks like they have started to do them. I wonder how many spots they have for AEC this year?
I’m curious too, last year RMC Saint Jean sent 6 offers for AEC, I imagine RMC sent I few more, maybe 8 but it changes each year so that information isn’t all that helpful, really wish we had more info.

I’m curious too, last year RMC Saint Jean sent 6 offers for AEC, I imagine RMC sent I few more, maybe 8 but it changes each year so that information isn’t all that helpful, really wish we had more info.
Yea, that was my math as well for last year. We really are just guessing on this year, could be less or more like 25 spots…who knows…I guess someone knows but they don’t provide that info.

If you can get ahold of a MCC, they probably will be able to give you that info. I know recruiters have access to the number of positions for different entry plans through their portal, but I am not entirely sure they have the numbers for ROTP.

For anybody who has gotten their offer for RMC Kingston this year, add my insta @nicholascook2001 we have a group chat going with a few others so far. Cheers!

My offer is also for St Jean. I plan on calling and asking details on how this works on Monday. What did you find out about your StJean offer?
For BMOQ and the 1st year, I will be at St. Jean, and for the 2–4th year(s), I will be at Kingston. Unless you are taking the degree in international study, it should be the same for you.

For BMOQ and the 1st year, I will be at St. Jean, and for the 2–4th year(s), I will be at Kingston. Unless you are taking the degree in international study, it should be the same for you.
Thanks for the information. Still on the "Selected" list, but good to know. This is for all programs, except international study degree?

Thanks for the information. Still on the "Selected" list, but good to know. This is for all programs, except international study degree?
St. Jean only offers the BA for "International Studies"; for example, I plan on getting my degree as a BA in the MSS (military strategy and strategic's) program. So yes, all, but that program.

And for the selected part, your offer should be coming soon.

St. Jean only offers the BA for "International Studies"; for example, I plan on getting my degree as a BA in the MSS (military strategy and strategic's) program. So yes, all, but that program.

And for the selected part, your offer should be coming soon.
Thank you!

RMC Pillar Question: Do any of you speak French to, like, an A2-B2 level? I am working hard on an A1 level but would like some suggestions on learning strategy because, although there is English at St. Jean, I've been told it will be a lot more French.

Negative. I had zero French exposure until I applied in January. I started using Duolingo regularly but it's limited. Just ordered some French education books off Amazon for some crash course beginner stuff. What resources have you been using to get up to A1?

Negative. I had zero French exposure until I applied in January. I started using Duolingo regularly but it's limited. Just ordered some French education books off Amazon for some crash course beginner stuff. What resources have you been using to get up to A1?
It was mainly using Duolingo Premium (which was only good to help remember grade 6–8 French classes) and watching Netflix in French with audio in French and switching CC between French and English.

A little bit ago, I started watching this YouTube channel, Easy French, which is proving really helpful. So I definitely recommend that. I've been watching a ton of language learning material, and I tried this link: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/63/French.pdf. It has a ton of information and useful advice.

I am from Montreal, so I am lucky to be fluent in both. I recommend full exposure. Change your settings to french, play video games in french, watch shows only in french (subtitles too). Anything that can be done, do it in french.

I am from Montreal, so I am lucky to be fluent in both. I recommend full exposure. Change your settings to french, play video games in french, watch shows only in french (subtitles too). Anything that can be done, do it in french.
This is great advice, thanks. I’ve been so focused on getting fit for basic I didn’t think about learning French, Is there a specific level of French we need to learn before going?

This is great advice, thanks. I’ve been so focused on getting fit for basic I didn’t think about learning French, Is there a specific level of French we need to learn before going?
When I was on the tour, they said we just needed to get to a B level before graduation. Although I think it would be a good idea to get the basics started, before you get there.

Back