• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RMS Clerk Qualifications

TiffyMurmur

Inactive
Reaction score
I have tried looking for a topic and response similar to my situation and I couldn't find anything.

I plan on applying to the forces as an RMS Clerk and I am curious to know if my experience would make me a better candidate.
Assuming I pass the Aptitude test:

-I have 7 years experience as an Office Manager.
-I have College courses in Accounting, Payroll, Microsoft Word/Excel/Access

I am also wondering if I should add any certificates (such as first aid) to my application?

Any advice you can give would be beneficial.

Thank you in advance!

Normally I try to avoid recruiting questions but as this one dealt with RMS I thought I would add a bit.  With the length of time it is taking people to get in my advice would be to start looking up information on the new trades and forget RMS Clk which is disappearing after Oct and I believe currently has a freeze on new enrollees.  You will have to decide if you prefer Administration or Finance as a trade instead. Each will have different pros and cons to them.  For example Admin will have more positions in the CF including most of the clerical OUTCAN, RSS and unit positions while Fin will be a smaller group with few if any OUTCAN, RSS and unit positions being mainly concentrated at Bde/Div/NDHQ and Base levels. 

Be careful when researching though as the old Admin/Fin does not fully convert to the new trades.  Pay this time around will be Admin while most claims will be Fin.

I've been looking for info on the separate trades and can't seem to find anything. The recruiting centre also said that they're still currently hiring RMS clerks, so I'm not sure where to go from here. This is what I was going to apply for, but I don't want to waste my time if it is in fact splitting and I don't care for either option.

Am I just missing something that's staring me right in the face here, or what?

MandaMae said:
I've been looking for info on the separate trades and can't seem to find anything. The recruiting centre also said that they're still currently hiring RMS clerks, so I'm not sure where to go from here. This is what I was going to apply for, but I don't want to waste my time if it is in fact splitting and I don't care for either option.
Am I just missing something that's staring me right in the face here, or what?

If you don't care for either "option", then why are you applying for RMS Clk when it currently encompasses all aspects of the occupation?  Doesn't make any sense to me.    :facepalm:

The recruiting intake is still for RMS Clerks and not for either of the two new trades. 
At some point in time in the near future communication will go out explaining the split to people and advise them they need to pick which way they would prefer to go.
Currently there is no recruiting information promulgated for either the HRA (Human Resource Administrator) or FSA (Financial Services Administrator) trades that are coming later this year.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

Back