• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP to the Reserves

MuddyCross

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi there,

I wrote my aptitude test a couple months back and did not score high enough to become an officer, however I did receive all but one of the NCM trades. Is it possible to go into the reserves and attend RMC with hopes to transfer over to an officer in second or third year? If so when do I need to apply to the reserves by, or should I rewrite and try to score higher?

Thank you for your help,

Muds

Good day MuddyCross,

The aptitude test is the same for the Primary Reserves as it is for the Regular force. Therefore as you did not score high enough to become an officer on the test you will be required to do a rewrite of the CFAT and achieve a score that qualifies you for officer occupations in order to be eligible to continue the processing of your application towards the Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP) for paid university education at RMC.

There are also paid education entry plans for NCM's through the Non-Commissioned member subsidized training and education plan (NCM-STEP).       

The following link will take you to the Paid Education section of the website for more information.

http://www.forces.ca/en/page/paideducation-96

Back