• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Running

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkedchick

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and just had a question. I'm in the process of getting myself into better shape for the Physical test. It says on the CF website that we should be able to run 2.4km in a certain amount of time. I was just curious what they consider running. Do they mean full out running or jogging quickly. I assume as long as you can cover the distance within or under the time limit then they are happy ... but i was just curious.

Stupid question I know  :p but i had to ask

Thanks abunch

I figure so long as you make it in the time alotted, then you're game.  No worries.  Aim for further though, that way you continually improve beyond the minimum expectations.

ThainC.

Well, assuming you have downloaded the Physical Fitness Guide, you will see that for someone your age a superior rating is 12:36 for the 2.4 km/1.5 mile run.  This translates into 11.5 km/h or 7.2 mph.  Your minimum 14:26, but you dont want to do that do you?

Now you have your speeds, you should be all set.

Thanks so much

AmmoTech90 & ThainC:

My plan was to try to attain the superior standard for the men of my age that way I know I'll be able to keep up with the guys  ;) maybe even beat some  :nana:

Well now, that's the right attitude! Gotta be a challenge all around!

ThainC.

inkedchick said:
Thanks so much

AmmoTech90 & ThainC:

My plan was to try to attain the superior standard for the men of my age that way I know I'll be able to keep up with the guys  ;) maybe even beat some  :nana:

If it gets icy where you live, just be careful. I've had to slow it down in order to not break anything on the slippery ground. 

Good luck.  ;D

Wow... I can't believe this thread has gone this far without someone telling you to use the SEARCH function.  Try it.  It's fun.  It saves bandwidth.  It prevents the same questions from being asked over and over and over again ad nauseum.

Welcome to army.ca.

Start searching.

Also, a tip, don't run with work/combat boots at first. Running shoes first, and you can slowly move up to more heavier foot wear. It can hurt your ankles if you do start out with heavy boots, as it did with me. But now I can run with them, time is a wee bit slower due to the excess weight, but I'm making it faster now.

Cheers.

RIGHT!

The subject of RUNNING has been covered in very detailed posts already.  As such is the case and we don't want to put out any(more) bad advise, look there for the advice.

This topic is LOCKED.

Michael Baker said:
Also, a tip, don't run with work/combat boots at first. Running shoes first, and you can slowly move up to more heavier foot wear. It can hurt your ankles if you do start out with heavy boots, as it did with me. But now I can run with them, time is a wee bit slower due to the excess weight, but I'm making it faster now.

Cheers.
stop running in boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back