• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Scheduled for an Interview and Medical without submitting any paper work

SJRubio

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I had applied to the CF a few months ago as a Traffic Tech, and got an email back telling me to come into the nearest recruiting centre to submit the sheets that has my references as well as my transcripts from school ect. Life got in the way and I never ended up sending those.
Fast forward to about 2 months later and I get a call from a unknown number, and it ends up being someone from the CF asking me when I want to come in to have my interview and medical. I scheduled one, but when I asked about submitting or bringing any paperwork with me they said I did not have to bring any. I had previously applied to the Reserves, and had taken the aptitude testing and submitted references ect about 2 years ago, so I'm not sure if they retained that information. The email I received confirming the date was from appointments.hamilton@forces.gc.ca but the emails were short and had no information at the end of the email about who sent them (usually other emails I had gotten from past applications had someones name at the bottom) and the PDF instructions they sent had no CF letterhead or anything like that.

Now I may sound paranoid but I just want to make sure that none of this seems suspicious or anything like that, mostly because I didn't send the paperwork in and got called out of the blue to schedule the interview and medical. The address they gave me is the recruiting centre and the phone number in the email is as well but I just want to make sure none of this seems odd.

Thanks in advance.

Yup, that's on the up and up.

If you are still interested in a career with the CF, then take the appointments!  It seems they are still interested in you!  Most people have to beg for an appointment these days!    :p

Thank you for the response! I'm going to go ahead and take the appointments then, I was worried it was some sort of elaborate scam haha but I'm glad I have a date set now.

Hello everyone, (Sorry, my mother tongue is French!)

I'm new to this forum and would like to request information regarding the eye desease called "Keratoconus".
I am currently in process to get in Air Forces. I was diagnosed a "Keratoconus" when I was 19 years old. Currently I am 31 and I see very well with my glasses (LASIK MD informed me that I did not need a surgery). To my left eye, I see quite well (-0.5 diopters) and my right eye almost half (-5.5 diopters). I have a Bachelor degree and a Masters degree in Aerospace Engineering. According to my file Manager I had a very strong score on my CFAT, wich qualifies me for my 3 trades.

Since I had involvement outside of Canada, they did  first and completed my Background Checking) since early September 2015. Soon I will get my interview and my medical and I wonder if the Keratoconus will or won't be problematical during my medical examination? That's gonna disqualify me to get in the Canadian Forces?

My trades are:
1st choice: Aerospace Engineering Officer,
2nd choice: Aerospace Control Officer
3rd choice: Air Combat Systems Officer

Thank you in advance for your answers !!!!!!!!

djangovi said:
I wonder if the Keratoconus will or won't be problematical during my medical examination?

This may help,

Keratoconus and the CF 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/92873.0

Vision Questions Megathread, Categories, Problems etc.
http://army.ca/forums/threads/432.0
30 pages.

As always, best to contact Recruiting.

Back