• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

scheduling conflict

readytogo

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all,

So after spending any number of months going through the application process and being accepted and starting BMQ weekend I have a potential concer.  Pertaining to my civi job there is a potential that I am going to be strong armed into a 6 on 6 off rotation in Fort Mcmurray.  For obvious reasons I think this is going to cause  a conflict with my training schedule?  Is there any room for work conflicts or am i going to have to recourse or be forced into leaving the military completely????? 

RTG :cdn:

Nothing helpful to say, but any chance you could re-word this?  "Concer."  looks awfully like "cancer" to a caffeine deprived brain on a Monday morning.  Good luck with your situation.

readytogo said:
Hello all,

So after spending any number of months going through the application process and being accepted and starting BMQ weekend I have a potential concer.  Pertaining to my civi job there is a potential that I am going to be strong armed into a 6 on 6 off rotation in Fort Mcmurray.  For obvious reasons I think this is going to cause  a conflict with my training schedule?  Is there any room for work conflicts or am i going to have to recourse or be forced into leaving the military completely????? 

There's no way that'll fly for weekend BMQ.  Students may miss training, for example being sick, but there's a limit as to what may be missed, and I don't see course staff being able to allow you to continue while missing as much as you will.

Have you already begun this course? I notice that you're working in Fort Mac, and there are students from Edmonton and Red Deer on a weekend course in Edmonton atm.

I'd be honest, inform your chain of command of your situation, and attempt to be re-coursed somewhere in the summer.

RTG;

Sorry to hear of this potential conflict...

I know it's no magic bullet 8), but maybe there's something on the Canadian Forces Liaison Council website that could further your cause with your employer:

http://www.cflc.forces.gc.ca/pub/index-eng.asp

at the above URL maybe check out:
# Reservists’ Guide to Employer Support
# Employers’ Guide to Supporting Reservists

and...

http://www.cflc.forces.gc.ca/ees-pae/rap-par/rap-par-eng.asp

Agreed Stacked I would be dissapointed as well, my big concern is the training schedule for BMQ and BMQ-L worse comes to worse perhaps my employer will work with me on this, its not even a for sure thing yet.  Im sure theres a way through this

Good news today, I spoke to my suprivisor and he said if the job in mcmurray does happen he is willing to work something out so I can continue training( Sympathetic since his brother in law is in the CF in Ottawa apparently)  Thats a load off of my mind ;D

readytogo said:
Good news today, I spoke to my suprivisor and he said if the job in mcmurray does happen he is willing to work something out so I can continue training( Sympathetic since his brother in law is in the CF in Ottawa apparently)  Thats a load off of my mind ;D

Congratulations man!  I guess things always have a way of working themselves out  :p.  Good luck with everything.

Back