• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Scratchbuilding the Patriot Missile

tiking

Inactive
Reaction score
This project was to only to do the Launcher part of the complete model. The concept was to do a Stand-Alone model of just the launcher part of the whole thing.

Deciding on the scale was  a little tough because I did not have any measurements of the system. The only thing I had to go by was a drawing of the missile cannister. I took these measurements and scaled them down to various sizes, so it would be easy for me to make a choice. I had narrowed my choices down to 1 /35 and 1 /32 scale.  So with the help of the few measurements that I got off the Internet and using, once again, common 'deductive scaling' ( a new term I made up. the term is similiar to 'deductive reasoning'), I decided on a scale closer to 1/32.

The model is not 100% exact to scale, as my deductive scaling is not a hundred percent accurate. Close, but not exact. This is what happens when one does not have access to true measurements. One has to improvise like most of you do.

Anyhow, let me present you all with my on going project build. So far the launcher is 98% finished. I still have the cannister to build and to add some decals, cables, touch-ups, etc.

Since the launcher itself normally sits on the trailer I had to display it in another fashion. So I built a base almost similiar to the one on the trailer. I think the base adds a little 'JAZZ' to the whole model. Thanks for viewing.

For those who would like to see some WIP ( Work In Progress) shots; I managed to take a series of shots of the building process of the launcher. If you are interested in seeing the WIP shots then click on the link below:

The Patriot Launcher WIP

Here are some photos of the launcher and some pics of the cannister in progress:

Here hare some additional photos of the cannister build in progress for those who are interested:

The launcher:

pm8.jpg

pm7.jpg

pm6.jpg

pm5.jpg

pm2.jpg

pm.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Cannister in the making
:
IMG_6948.jpg

IMG_6949.jpg

IMG_6952.jpg

IMG_6958.jpg

IMG_6959.jpg

IMG_6961.jpg

IMG_6962.jpg

IMG_6970.jpg

IMG_6972.jpg

IMG_6973.jpg

IMG_7010.jpg

IMG_7008.jpg

IMG_7009.jpg

IMG_7011.jpg

IMG_7007.jpg

IMG_7060.jpg

IMG_7066.jpg

IMG_7067.jpg

You have made the model without any drawings? if so damm a awesome results! that can make you proud!

Soldiers-wear.dk said:
You have made the model without any drawings? if so damm a awesome results! that can make you proud!

Yep. I couldn't find any. So I had to improvise and use only pics.

I still have the Cannister build but I'm waiting to build the stryker ATGM.

Great!

please put a lot of pictures up!

have you considered making it a job? for the military perhaps?

:) ;D Thanks for the confidence. I don't think I'm at that level yet.

Back