• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Searching for answers

ReV_ViPer

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello there, I am looking for some answers regarding the army and applying. Just some background information, I am currently in the 10th grade and will be turning 17 in February of next year, after doing some reading on the websites and on recruiting policies, it's clear you have to be 17 to join the forces, with parental consent. However, I am interested in joining the forces and I'm eager to serve, so that brings me to my question. Is it possible to serve in the army reserves while currently in high school? (I'm talking possible, not practical). I ask because I intend to pursue my career in the military and I strongly believe that this life is for me. I was looking to ask here before speaking to a recruiter to get some facts, additionally, because of my location, there are no military resources in my area (Labrador) so driving to a recruiting centre is not ideal. I am wondering if I can complete basic training during the summer months and fly out to the nearest reserve unit to do training throughout the year, taking time off school for that, none of these things will be a problem on my end, just wondering if the military will allow this, and when should I submit my application. I greatly appreciate those with experience to help me out. Thanks.

As far as I know, the attendance commitment is to attend one night a week and one weekend a month so flying there and back every week doesn't sound like a viable option.

Someone with far more experience than me will probably have to follow this up, but what about the Rangers?

They are interesting to work with.

Here's a map and list of patrols. Clicking on the locations should give an idea if there are spots available.

Back