• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

searching for Toronto Scottish Reg. Info

M

mj hill

Looking for information on the Toronto Scottish Regiment from World War 1, particularly any photographs, books or personal information. My Grandfather, George H. Hill served in that unit until Paschendaele where he was wounded and gassed then sent home to Canada. Thanks for any help.

M.J. Hill

hi this is reg1 about your info : toronto scottish regiment, tartan:hodden grey, regiment raised in 1915 by lcol sg beckett,vd he was officer of the mississauga horse (toronto). the unit was designated 75th canadian infantry battalion on august 2nd 1915 the battalion sailed for camp niagra on board the steamship cayuga. on march 9th 1916 the mayor tl church presented colors to the battalion. two weeks later the unit sailed to the united kingdom, arriving on april 9th at liverpool. the unit would then become part of the 11th brigade, 4th canadian division. i hope this helps.try to find the book ducimus the regiments of the canadian infantry. i wish that i had a scanner because there is alot to write. but if there is somthing specific please let me know through my e_mail i would be pleased to try and answer your questian. good luck reg1 ubique :)

Back