• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Seattle is Dying- a video from Mar 2019

mariomike said:
I don't gamble. Working through SARS put the Fear of God into me.

I'm afraid I have to disagree. You do gamble.  Everyone does.  Even those that put their fate in the hands of people they trust.  That is still a gamble.

QuietSpike2020 said:
We've seen the dark that the far right side of political philosophies can bring us, now we are going to see the dark that the far left wing is capable of.

We've already seen it from the left. The Russian Revolution and all that resulted from it. Among other places.

One thing to remember - they didn't just get rid of the monarchs, they came for the successful peasants as well.

Danton and Robespierre also come to mind.

reverse_engineer said:
We've already seen it from the left. The Russian Revolution and all that resulted from it. Among other places.

One thing to remember - they didn't just get rid of the monarchs, they came for the successful peasants as well.

They wiped out pretty much anyone and their families for any reason, but you're right anyone with any degree of thoughts about fundamental freedoms is going to be in for a big surprise in the next few years:

Mouth shut, head down, go to work, go home, don't smile, don't laugh, nod in agreement, agree to deny, platform this, de-platform that, buy this, lose that, scrap that, hand that over, sign this, do that, condemn this, clap for Dear X, love A, distrust B, report on C, work longer, work faster, sacrifice this, change this, read this, learn this, agree with this, condemn that.   

Sounds fun, eh??

‘Let us pray, that in these days, we shall all be not less clear in our recognition of what civil and religious freedom means; not less resolute in our determination to preserve it"

http://www.cameronians.org/brief-history/battle_dunkeld.html

CloudCover said:
They wiped out pretty much anyone and their families for any reason, but you're right anyone with any degree of thoughts about fundamental freedoms is going to be in for a big surprise in the next few years:

Mouth shut, head down, go to work, go home, don't smile, don't laugh, nod in agreement, agree to deny, platform this, de-platform that, buy this, lose that, scrap that, hand that over, sign this, do that, condemn this, clap for Dear X, love A, distrust B, report on C, work longer, work faster, sacrifice this, change this, read this, learn this, agree with this, condemn that.   

Sounds fun, eh??

metropolis-012-800x430.jpg

Metropolis (1927)

:cheers:

mariomike said:
Why what? Gamble?
Why did working during SARs put the fear of God in you. Are you suggesting God sent SARs to punish the unrighteous or something?

CloudCover said:

Sounds fun, eh??

My oldest longs for the day when they murder all the bosses and eat all their children. You can absolutely not convince him and his partner that, once all the rich are dead, they're going to come looking for gobby malcontents like him and her, and will most likely have been turned in by my granddaughter.

Yes the children belong to the State and will protect the State even at the cost of the parents.

Jarnhamar said:
Are you suggesting God sent SARs to punish the unrighteous or something?

Not at all. I meant it only as a figure of speech.

mariomike said:
Not at all. I meant it only as a figure of speech.

Sorry MM, for some reason I thought you were being literal. SARS and Covid19 is scary stuff from personal level to world wide.

How do our own big cities like Toronto Ottawa and Vancouver compare to what was in this Seattle video in terms of homeless and mentally ill people wandering the streets?

Jarnhamar said:
How do our own big cities like Toronto Ottawa and Vancouver compare to what was in this Seattle video in terms of homeless and mentally ill people wandering the streets?

From what I read on here, some of you guys may be more familiar with Toronto, Ottawa, and Vancouver than I am.

I retired 11 years ago, so my observations are somewhat dated. My interactions with the mentally ill were pretty limited after 1980.

Jarnhamar said:
Sorry MM, for some reason I thought you were being literal. SARS and Covid19 is scary stuff from personal level to world wide.

Vancouver's skid row is pretty awful, I won't go into that part of town anymore, and Victoria is rapidly becoming another Zombie capital of the West Coast.

But, based on what I've seen in Seattle, nothing beats the squalor of a good old American 'under the overpass' homeless camp. I assume they have bigger issues because of the lack of social programs, like we have in Canada, to support the homeless through medical and other support.

Back