• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Security Clearance Form

B

Basic Person

Before my swearing in ceremony, I was asked to complete the security clearance form, but not sure not level I am. There is three (confidential, secret, and top secret). My guess is Level 1 (confidential) but the form also says that most of the delay in is this section, so I would like to be sure. Please help if you can.

Most likely the Recruiting Centre or unit Recruiting Office submitted for a Reliability Status screening, which would allow you access to designated material, but not classified material.  Basically, it confirms that you are reliable enough to be employed, but not much else.  Depending on your trade and the requires of the position you fill on the Automated Establishment Report (AER) you may be processed for a Level I, II or III clearance. 

Now, it is also possible that they have put in for a Level I, II or III clearance immediately, but that isn't SOP.  The long and the short of it is once either the Reliability Status or Level I, II or III is granted, you will be briefed, advised of your duties and responsibilities and carry on from there.

Bit of advice though:  never sign documents you haven't read or don't understand.  At the very least, make sure you get a copy of them and read them later.

Thnx, but what I was wondering is if I fill out the form as a lvl I or lvl II or lvl III

Contact your recruiting office. There is no way we can tell you how to fill out the form through the wonder of the Internet. The required level for you is dependednt on a variety of things, and given that it's a "security clearance" the first thing you need to learn is that you should avoid advertising what clearance level you have (or will have).

Acorn

Roger that... I must admit, I was just being lazy  :-\

My recruiting centre has been pretty quick with their email responses anyways. Thnx for the assistances.

I had the exact same problem when I filled out my form today, I called the RC about it and the clerk said to fill out as much info as possible, its better to have too much info than too little.

My recruiting office will not start processing your application until everything, including the security screening and such, are all filled out and submitted together.

Back