• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Seeking Advice from a Supply Tech

smash2861

Inactive
Reaction score
Not sure if this should be in the recruitment section, however I am looking for information from Supply Techs about the trade. I have had my application open for about a year and now that I am about to be merit listed I was told that Supply Tech is closed for this fiscal year. This is my number one choice and is what I want because of the reasons I have read from various sources online. I wanted to choose a career that would put me in a position to help those in need throughout disaster relief and similar tasks. I was told that Supply Techs are one of many trades to respond first to situations like this because they have all the supplies required to help. If that makes sense....

Anyways I wanted to know how true this is because I don't know if I can wait until April 2015 just to be considered. Especially since most of my file information will expire by then and I will basically need to restart. I want to make sure that if I turn down my other options that I will be right in doing so. I did just remove one of my options but I still have AC Op on my choices list.

If there is another position you feel would also be a good fit for me would you please share. I felt very cornered into choosing AC Op and AVS Tech and although AC Op actually seems to be an amazing job, I definitely did not want to be an AVS Tech so I am thinking of adding another option since I took that one off.

Again I apologize if this is the wrong section.

Sorry for upsetting anyone .... apparently I'm new! Any advice is still appreciated!

smash2861 said:
apparently I'm new! Any advice is still appreciated!

If Supply is what you really want, then wait for it.  You haven't even been in the application process for a year yet (according to your post of 14 Oct).  Keep in touch with the recruiting centre and update your info/file as needed.  Don't feel pressured into choosing a trade you don't want (you don't have to pick three) and definitely do NOT choose a trade just to get in because you're impatient.

Back