• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
burkus2 said:
Any dates for bmq for June??
Platoon#: R0035E & R0036E Start:June 2, 2014     Grad:August 21, 2014
                R0037E & R0038F         June 16, 2014             September 4, 2014

Any further information when the selection of DEO will happen this year? excluding pilot```

burkus2 said:
Isn't bmq for reserves only 5 weeks?
yes its 5 weeks for reserves (as far as i know). reserved can chose to do densely packed bmq at the reserve base they applied to for 5 week or do full 13 week bmq at st jean sir richelieu.(source: word of mouth from another applicant)
those dates are from official forces.gc.ca website and are for 13 week bmq only.

tejsinghm said:
yes its 5 weeks for reserves (as far as i know). reserved can chose to do densely packed bmq at the reserve base they applied to for 5 week or do full 13 week bmq at st jean sir richelieu.(source: word of mouth from another applicant)
those dates are from official forces.gc.ca website and are for 13 week bmq only.

AFAIK Air and Navy Reservists do a full time BMQ(not sure if same length as Reg Force BMQ or slightly shorter).

Army Reservists will mainly do a weekend BMQ in their local area(I've heard some may be run outside the local area). The BMQ could be out of the armoury that houses their(the Recruit's) unit, or they could go to another armoury in the area. Some Divisions(Areas) may also offer a full time BMQ in the summer at a Area Training Centre. I have not seen or heard of any Army Reservist taking the Regular Force BMQ in St Jean.

Also as a FYI, don't get your info about the CAF from other applicants.

Hoplite- said:
AFAIK Air and Navy Reservists do a full time BMQ(not sure if same length as Reg Force BMQ or slightly shorter).

Army Reservists will mainly do a weekend BMQ in their local area(I've heard some may be run outside the local area). The BMQ could be out of the armoury that houses their(the Recruit's) unit, or they could go to another armoury in the area. Some Divisions(Areas) may also offer a full time BMQ in the summer at a Area Training Centre. I have not seen or heard of any Army Reservist taking the Regular Force BMQ in St Jean.

Also as a FYI, don't get your info about the CAF from other applicants.
Thanks for the info guys
I know for a fact (been told by recruiters and Sargents in my unit) that there aren't any part time courses being held in my area this summer. Totally alright with that I'll be glad to get out of the province for a few weeks...
Hopefully going to be doing BMQ in Wainwright or Edmonton and not Brandon!

Anyone else here notice that on the forces.ca website it seems that Combat Engineer and Infantry for ncm aren't hiring anymore? I know the website is always outdated or wrong (from what I've heard) but it seems a little strange it doesn't say they're hiring right before the combat arms trades are supposed to be selected.

Yeah I noticed the same thing for my Trade, I know its out dated and or wrong but I don't know how out dated or wrong it is haha. Maybe give a call to your Recruiting Center tomorrow to see if they are indeed hiring?

I think they have recently updated it. I go on there and check usually once every couple weeks. I noticed the other a day a lot of trades were no longer hiring. I can only assume that they maybe received enough applicants or have an over abundance for certain trades and they may not want to encourage others to apply now?

Sarah_H said:
I think they have recently updated it. I go on there and check usually once every couple weeks. I noticed the other a day a lot of trades were no longer hiring. I can only assume that they maybe received enough applicants or have an over abundance for certain trades and they may not want to encourage others to apply now?

Going to have to agree with Sarah on that one. I usually check every few days myself, and it must've changed today. I believe it means they have received enough applicants, so they no longer offer it. It's unfortunate for a lot of people on these forums, but should contact your RC since you have an application going for that position already so it doesn't count you out.

Yea, will do. Hopefully I'm still in the game seeing as I have been merit listed already.

Sarah_H said:

I like what Sarah H said which makes sense.  Don't think it has much impact on current applications that they are already working on though.    ;)

Phew  ::) haha, I am still holding out hope to be merit listed before May Selection..

When you're merit listed,  are we necessarily guaranteed to get a job offer soon or later ? Let's say if not this year, but could they call you next year if you get selected ?  ???

AlphaBravo said:
Phew  ::) haha, I am still holding out hope to be merit listed before May Selection..

The selections are in 20 days...if they contacted you for a medical and interview it would probably be around the 26th. At this point whatever shred of hope I had of making may selections is gone. Maybe i'll be done by september...

sky888 said:
When you're merit listed,  are we necessarily guaranteed to get a job offer soon or later ? Let's say if not this year, but could they call you next year if you get selected ?  ???

There is never any guarantee you will get a job offer after having been merit listed.  Your Medical, Interview, background checks and reliability screening are only good for 12 months.  Then everything needs to be redone/updated.

Treemoss said:
Based on people I've been talking too, and people who've already been selected, mid-May or June is picking time for semi-skilled/skilled applicants. Unsure about unskilled sorry.

sorry but what do you mean by skill.. unskilled applicants ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back