• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates for CEOTP/ROTP Pilot

CplHenderson

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the next selections are for CEOTP and ROTP for pilots? Is it still possible, for CEOTP, to start BMOQ this September?

Thanks!

Good Day,

Unfortunately there are no dates identified in the system for ROTP/CEOTP Pilot at the moment, although there are still spaces open in both entry plans for FY16/17.
There is a note for the CEOTP Pilot entry plan that states those selected are to be loaded on the September BMOQ.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

After having successfully completed Aircrew Selection for Pilot in Trenton earlier this month, I have now completed the aircrew medical without any obvious red flags, but I have been told in Toronto that due to upcoming staff vacation, my file will not be reviewed/processed for the next 2-3 weeks.

With this delay, can I still be selected for CEOTP for FY16/17?

Good Day,

As of today's date there are still spots remaining for Pilot CEOTP 16/17 so yes there are still applicants being selected for Pilot CEOTP for 16/17.

Best Regards,

Many thanks for the quick reply, Sergeant Laen. Much appreciated.

Any other CEOPT Pilot candidates also awaiting selection?

Good Day,

There are multiple files that are at various stages of processing for the CEOTP Pilot entry plan.
I do not have precise numbers available that I'm able to post online.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

Hi,

Is there any chance that someone applying through CEOTP join BMOQ slightly later than September? I had to wait 6 months because of an eye surgery, and I suppose I'm too late to join in September, but will I have to wait a full year before getting the chance to start BMOQ?

Thanks for the help

Good Day,

As your question is very specific to your own file it is in your best interest to get in touch with the Recruiter or File Manager at your particular CFRC.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

Sergeant Laen, any CEOTP Pilot selection dates in the system? I am now (hopefully!) just a few weeks away from being merit listed so I was wondering when the next selection may take place.

Good Day,

At the moment CEOTP Pilot selections are ongoing, and will continue until all seats have been filled.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

Good afternoon Sgt Laen,

I have just been merit listed for CEOTP Pilot. I know CEOTP Pilots were to be loaded on the Sept 5th BMOQ to allow for Phase 1 flying before Seneca, but since Sept 5th is just days away, would I be loaded in the next BMOQ in October? And if so, would it allow sufficient time before the 2017/2018 Seneca school year?

Good Day JDW,

This board is used to provide general information about the Recruiting Process.  These are very specific questions about your file, please speak with your respective CFRC so that you are able to gain the most up to date information about your file.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

I initially posted my question on the CEOTP Seneca College Pilot FAQs thread, but it was probably best suited for this thread, so here it is:

I have recently been merit listed for CEOTP Pilot and I hope that I am sufficiently competitive to be given an offer soon.

Would a recruiter be so kind as to let me know if some seats remain for CEOTP Pilots for 2016-2017?

Many thanks.

You need to learn to calm down and be patient, or you'll self-destruct at some point during the training process.

Good Day,

You would not have been moved forward to the merit list if there were no further seats for this recruiting cycle. 
Once we fill our openings for a recruiting cycle, in any occupation, the CAF stops processing that file until the next recruiting cycle - unless of course you have made other occupation selections at which point your recruiter/file manager would inform you of such.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

Thank you for the clarification, Sergeant Laen. It puts my mind at ease.

Yes, I need to take a deep breath (point taken, Loachman). I have deferred a very competitive university offer for this fall because my first choice is the CF and it's making me antsy. I will just have to be patient.

Thank you again.

Back