• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection/Multiple Offers

BetterL

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day,

I've searched and searched so hopefully I haven't overlooked the answer to my question I'm another thread.

As it would stand right now (I know it could change) I am merited listed in a position to get an offer for both my first and second job preferences.  I am wondering if I would be given both job offers so that I could make the choice myself or, would I only be given my first preference?

What if the choice isn't given to me?  The more research I do, the more interested I have become in my second choice.  If I turn down offer #1 (assuming it's my first choice), would I automatically be offered  preference #2 (assuming I merited within the forecasted openings)?  Essentially I foresee a delay in hiring if candidates are in multiple lists but, it doesn't hurt to inquire!

Thanks

Selection date is the same for both trades.  I would be happy with either or but, think that I may be a little better suited for choice #2 now that I've done more research.  I am however not willing to wait longer hoping to get hired as #2 hence why I won't take #1 off my preferences.  Maybe that clears things up a bit?

BetterL said:
Good day,

I've searched and searched so hopefully I haven't overlooked the answer to my question I'm another thread.

As it would stand right now (I know it could change) I am merited listed in a position to get an offer for both my first and second job preferences.  I am wondering if I would be given both job offers so that I could make the choice myself or, would I only be given my first preference?

What if the choice isn't given to me?  The more research I do, the more interested I have become in my second choice.  If I turn down offer #1 (assuming it's my first choice), would I automatically be offered  preference #2 (assuming I merited within the forecasted openings)?  Essentially I foresee a delay in hiring if candidates are in multiple lists but, it doesn't hurt to inquire!

Thanks

Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Armed Forces.

The likelihood of you receiving offers for both jobs at the same time is slim to nil.  Your jobs choices are not considered #1 and #2, but as 2 different  jobs which you are applying for.  That being said if there is a job you would prefer more, you can always turn down an offer and wait for one in your preferred job.  Please remember that this may cause you a longer waiting period to get  employment in the Canadian Armed Forces.

Back