• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Seperatists in the R22eR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepThaut

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey, I don't wanna offend anyone by this topic but there was something I was wondering. I am a french speaking Nova Scotian and am interested in joining the Army as an Infanteer. A question which I have asked myself for a while is which Regiment would I rather serve in? I have read the entire thread about comparing each regiment and it has helped. I am interested in joining the Van Doos since I am french but I have heard some people say that there are some soldiers in the regiment who have some seperatist sentiment. I figure it's only a few bad apples but I was just wondering how it is in the regiment reguarding the whole Quebec seperatist movement. I don't want to join a regiment who's not patriotic (which I am not saying the Van Doos arent) but I would like somebody to clarify (preferably a Van Doo) on this subject. Thanks and I hope I didn't offend anyone in asking this question.

-Nordwind  :cdn:

And you think asking this question in an English Forum will give you a true idea of what is happening in a Francophone Unit?  Perhaps it is could be equated to asking us if there are members of al Qaeda  funding the Canadian Peace Alliance?

I'm not a Van Doo but I have had the privilege of working with a few.  Everyone of them were outstanding soldiers who have served their country well.  Never heard one mutter a seperatist word the whole time. 

Does this mean that there aren't any seperatists in that regiment?  Probably not.  No more than having a racist or a sexist or a drug dealer or a trekkie or whatever in any other unit.  The CF is a big place and we have our bad apples in every unit.

But let me put it to you like this.  Instead of focussing on the negative things you may have heard about why not do some research into the good things that you might not know about, when making your choice?

...and since that pretty much sums it up.

If anyone feels they can add something OF VALUE to this, then PM a Mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back