• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

September 12th to December 9th Basic

Alanthegreat11 said:
It seems that the engineers are going to be raiding St. Jean.   I was sworn in today, and 2 others are also going for engineers and have basic the sametime.   See you there.

Hey Alanthegreat, looking forward to seeing a fellow future 043 at St.Jean. Just look for a Celtic Wolf tattoo on my right shoulder.
See you on the 26th.

All right, I'll try to remember that.  I'll be the guy with the film crew following me around, lol.  No joke.  It has something to do with Army News, some sort of reality television.  Oh boy.

That is hilarious. You will be easy to find then. I will looking for those cameras. I can see it now, you probably be nicknamed Hollywood.

See you in a few weeks.

Allanthegreat: Ahh dude, sorry for the poor grammar. I just looked at my post. That's what you get when you don't check. I know you got what I was saying.

Take it easy.
Go Engineers.

All right, I'll try to remember that.  I'll be the guy with the film crew following me around, lol.  No joke.  It has something to do with Army News, some sort of reality television.  Oh boy.

I'll be that guy behind you making funny faces to the camera and saying "Hi Mom" ;D

Can't wait till I get there, I am excited as hell, but scared shitless.

It should be fun...

Does anybody want to exchange information just so we know each other a little bit before heading off to BMQ???

Sure why not.  I'm almost certain that we arn't supposed to give out personal info, but I won't give out alot.  My name is Alan Baker and I'm going for the engineers.  I'm from good ol Barrie Ont.

How's it going Baker? I'm from Brampton and I'm also doing engineerin'  ;D

I will see you thier. As to weather people go to Borden or St-Jean it is a matter of course loads in St-Jean that will dictate where you go. If CFLRS is not full then you WILL be going thier.

Sgt. mstorey, is it possible that you may be one of our instructors?

Alanthegreat11 said:
All right, I'll try to remember that.   I'll be the guy with the film crew following me around, lol.   No joke.   It has something to do with Army News, some sort of reality television.   Oh boy.

What are they going to call it?
"Over Here"
"Not Over There"

atticus said:
What is it that makes Borden so much better?

2000 plus students enroled at Georgian College in Barrie.
Dunlop Street, Downtown Barrie (Take Hwy 90 straight into the party)

And the Drive thru Tim Horton's of course.

Old Ranger said:
And the Drive thru Tim Horton's of course.

wait... your implying that there is no Tim Hortons in St. Jean? How can a city survive without Timmies? HOW?! College age girls I can survive a few months without, but not Timmies!!!

atticus said:
wait... your implying that there is no Tim Hortons in St. Jean? How can a city survive without Timmies? HOW?! College age girls I can survive a few months without, but not Timmies!!!

Can't speak for out there, but this Timmies Drive thru allows for Large vehicles, without trapping you in line when some poofty in front orders everything toasted, buttered, creamcheesed, and has to pick everyone of their timbit flavors in an assorted box.  Are there Mods that can Ban them from the drive-thru?
All I want is my Coffee, Dark and Bitter; like my first wife.  But I digress; getting my Ambulance out of the lineup when a call comes in is kinda important.  Same as having to be on time during course...

Old Ranger said:
All I want is my Coffee, Dark and Bitter; like my first wife.  But I digress; getting my Ambulance out of the lineup when a call comes in is kinda important.  Same as having to be on time during course...

Yeah, timings... somehow I would question why your stopping at Timmies when you're in the middle of basic, especially when you don't have much time.

Old Ranger said:
2000 plus students enroled at Georgian College in Barrie.
Dunlop Street, Downtown Barrie (Take Hwy 90 straight into the party)

Tried it, as have others, Barrie girls want nothing to do with the military. But for those from the US, they are all over us. ;D

It will be interesting to see which part of Borden will house and train the recruits. This base is pretty much full for the most part, the North Side is packed, it really shows during lunch and supper at the mess. :-\ Finding a parking spot is even tougher. >:(

Back