• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

September 26 - Reserve Forces Day in Saskatchewan

stryte

Inactive
Reaction score
www.gov.sk.ca
PREMIER HONOURS SASKATCHEWAN RESERVISTS
Premier Brad Wall today recognized the contributions reservists make by designating Sept. 26, 2008, as Reserve Forces Day in Saskatchewan.

"I am humbled to have this chance to honour the valuable contribution reservists make to Canada's military," Wall said. "We have many reservists in Saskatchewan, including those who work within government. Their dedication and hard work is commendable and we are proud to support them."

In addition to designating Sept. 26, 2008, as Reserve Forces Day, Wall, along with 11 other community leaders today signed a declaration of support for the Reserve Force.

Other organizations participating in the ceremony were the Commissionaires of Saskatchewan, Evraz Inc. NA, M.D. Ambulance Care Ltd., Moose Jaw Police Service, Regina Police Service, Regina Provincial Correctional Centre, Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region, Saskatoon Health Region, Saskatoon Police Service, SaskTel and the University of Saskatchewan.

Saskatchewan's Lieutenant Governor, Dr. Gordon L. Barnhart, presided over the ceremony. He also recognized the contributions of Canada's Reserve Forces and thanked the participating organizations.

"The success of the reserves is evident through the vital and increasing role they play in the Canadian Forces at home and abroad," Barnhart said. "I commend all of the groups that are signing an agreement today; their investment in the reserves is an investment in Canada that will strengthen our nation and the partner organizations."

Internationally, reservists have served on Canadian Forces missions in the Middle East, Cyprus, Bosnia, Haiti, Africa and Afghanistan. At home, reservists have responded to shorter-term domestic emergencies such as the floods in Manitoba and Quebec, the 1998 ice storm in eastern Ontario, the crash of Swissair Flight 111 in Nova Scotia and forest fires in western Canada.

Good to see my home province of Saskatchewan behind such an endeavour.

Regards,

OWDU

Back