• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

September the 20th, 6 military helicopters in total flew over my house OttawaOnt

canadianMedic

Inactive
Reaction score
Today the 20th of september, 6 military helicopters flew over my house and i was hoping someone could tell me why.

Is it because of what happened between the russian Bombers on thursday?

Please let me know cause I'm curious and nothing else will give me answers.

please don't disappoint.  :)

:cdn:

Probably has something to do with the Army run happening in Ottawa this weekend. They had some vehicles displayed, the LAV 6.0, CANSOF Humvee's, a Leopard 2A4 and some others I can't recall.

Battle of Britain ceremonies.

You honestly think a helicopter can intercept a russian bomber? :)

Rehearsal for Sunday's Battle of Britain flyby over Rockcliffe.

canadianMedic said:
Today the 20th of september, 6 military helicopters flew over my house

Well, that eliminates Sea Kings from the question.

;D

Oh, come on...someone else was thinking it too. 

canadianMedic said:

:Tin-Foil-Hat:

JOHN..has a long moustache.  JOHN...has a long moustache.

:Tin-Foil-Hat:

Break-Break

:blotto:

Its the corporate conservative shill Harper spies collecting the personal and private information of the sovereign human being. You're under surveillance by the military industrial complex, expect a knock at your door.

Jokes and speculation from others aside, you'll see them (four Griffons and two Chinooks) fly over Rockcliffe at about 1145, if the weather holds (and I've not recently checked the Ottawa forecast), preceded by a Tomahawk, Mustang in 442 Squadron colours, and a Dakota.

KerryBlue said:
Probably has something to do with the Army run happening in Ottawa this weekend. They had some vehicles displayed, the LAV 6.0, CANSOF Humvee's, a Leopard 2A4 and some others I can't recall.

It's a Leopard 2A6(M).

Loachman said:
Jokes and speculation from others aside, you'll see them (four Griffons and two Chinooks) fly over Rockcliffe at about 1145, if the weather holds (and I've not recently checked the Ottawa forecast), preceded by a Tomahawk, Mustang in 442 Squadron colours, and a Dakota.

I hope you mean Tomahawk/Kittyhawk/Warhawk (as in P 40). I think a Tomahawk CM flying over Ottawa would be a sign it is going to be a bad day!

It's going to be a bad day anyway.

And the flyby has been cancelled due to weather...

canadianMedic said:
Today the 20th of september, 6 military helicopters flew over my house and i was hoping someone could tell me why.

I strongly suspect they were looking for a place to land.

You never saw any helicopters, and forget you were ever in Ottawa. :Tin-Foil-Hat:

Actually, if I was a retiring general, I would post "those helicopters were my doing, I am retiring and moving across town, and since my move is not paid for after retirement at level to my satisfaction, I decided to spend the equivalent amount of money having my stuff moved by helicopter before I retire. Easy peasy." 

Were the helicopters black ??... It could be the UN invasion of the United States the Militia Of Montana was raving about.

Nerf herder said:
It's a Leopard 2A6(M).

Details shmetails....at least he knew it was a Leo....and not a Volkswagen Bug ;)

cupper said:
You never saw any helicopters, and forget you were ever in Ottawa. :Tin-Foil-Hat:

The eagles fly high in the desert sun.......

RedcapCrusader said:
Its the corporate conservative shill Harper spies collecting the personal and private information of the sovereign human being. You're under surveillance by the military industrial complex, expect a knock at your door.

Yeah and five bucks a box for the ruddy cookies now too!  What's that about?

Back