• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

*Server Is Under High Stress*

Mike Bobbitt said:
I'm checking... it looks like we're being probed by China.

What do you mean "probed " :  an "interested" party examining the web site ?

Looks like an automated tool checking all the doors and windows here. No way to tell if we're just a hapless victim or a specific target, but I'm treating it seriously.

Luckily everything is still locked up tight. Let me know if you notice performance improve here so I know when I've squeezed out the last of their connections. :)

Fluctuations for me. Somewhen slow, somewhen fast. .. and this page was all to the left,
with weird writing before being correctly loaded ...

Mike,

Could not get in (completely) from about 2:00 pm to About 5:00 pm today. Situation similar to what Yrys described above. All seems to be fine here in Guelph now.

Were you serious about the probe?

Thanks,

leroi/Joan

leroi, we're probed on a constant basis. If I watch the logs they scroll by a page every few seconds. This was just a more focused effort as opposed to the general "hubub" of noise that hits us usually.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Milnet.ca: 1
China: 0

- For now...

- Probably punishing you for allowing hooligans to engage in anti-factual discourse regarding China's purely internal affairs.

8)

Milnet.ca loads very fast along with air-force but army and navy are slow down here in Indy.

From Australia, very very slow, anout 5 mins just to load the main page, and a few minutes to go from page to page.

Everything back to normal here on the Rock.

Note to self:  no more Chinese food.

Still not the fastest here. Was down from about 3:30 here, to some other time, just got back.

I don't like the Chinese testing the lines ;)

Back