• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

*Server Is Under High Stress*

Mike Bobbitt said:
I was doing some maintenance last night which casued some slowdowns... but it should be OK now.

Edit: That post went in fast enough...

Something else has just happened ...

The site has just slowed down BIG time here in Gagtown (no typo); perhaps soon to be renamed by me to "Lagtown".  :-[

ArmyVern said:
Something else has just happened ...

The site has just slowed down BIG time here in Gagtown (no typo); perhaps soon to be renamed by me to "Lagtown".  :-[

I noticed when I logged on, that the whole lnternet was slow, not just milnet.ca, army.ca, navy.ca, and air-force.ca (whichever one you have set as your preferences).

It's still fast here (Ottawa) and my last post went up fast. The 'long time to post' problem was evident Fri, 12 Sep, yesterday, 13 Sep, and earlier this morning.

Today its been crap here in Australia, but it does have its moments, overall very slow, at times it does nothing but idle while trying to open a thread etc.

OWDU

Just got really slow for me, but otherwise today was great for speed.

-Dead

Little slow during peak hours (IE lunch break), on 10mb/sec cable from Rimouski (google if you don't know where it is :P)

Hmm...very slow...

Like cold molasses going uphill backwards on a January morning describe it??

Slowest it has ever been here in Regina. It literally took me about 2 minutes for spell check to load on my last post. Using my work computer so I am running IE.

Pilon said:
Slowest it has ever been here in Regina. It literally took me about 2 minutes for spell check to load on my last post. Using my work computer so I am running IE.

Well!  Working on a Saturday.  A Thanksgiving weekend Saturday, at that.  Must be those SaskTel Network Managers diverting some of the "juice" to slow cook their turkeys.  ;D

George Wallace said:
Well!  Working on a Saturday.  A Thanksgiving weekend Saturday, at that.  Must be those SaskTel Network Managers diverting some of the "juice" to slow cook their turkeys.   ;D

No kidding, who does SaskTel think they are capping my internet speed for their own benefit? Bell?  ;)

Actually it is a lot faster already. So either you pushed "the button" to boost the signal, SaskTel turned off their slow cookers in fear of the public finding out and privatizing them or I am paranoid.  :-\

Dropped connection again?

Unavailable or very slow with Windows/Chrome; slow or OK with Linux/Firefox at 0815 Hrs (Eastern).

Back