• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

*Server Is Under High Stress*

Well as long as it stays like it for the next hour, so I can enjoy the AC, and not the high 30 temperatures outside at the moment.

Anyone else getting serious "load lag" tonight?  It's s-l-o-o-o-o-w.

snail_run.gif

I am on a GP-Net machine in Winnipeg...its faster here tonight than its been on my PC back home in NS lately.  I am assuming you guys *might* be on the same ISP in Ont...maybe they are having issues?

Eye In The Sky said:
I am on a GP-Net machine in Winnipeg...its faster here tonight than its been on my PC back home in NS lately.  I am assuming you guys *might* be on the same ISP in Ont...maybe they are having issues?

No, other sites are loading fine.

The site has been painfully slow for me since Sunday.  All four iterations of the site are the same.

This is not the case on other internet sites - so it's not me.

Roy

Roy Harding said:
All four iterations of the site are the same.

Thanks, Roy! I learned another new word today. Iteration:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iteration

One of our DSL connections was down for a bit... it's been back up since about 1030 ET. :)

Mike Bobbitt said:
One of our DSL connections was down for a bit... it's been back up since about 1030 ET. :)

Well, it must not have kicked in at my place until later.... :crybaby:

Admittedly, I haven't tried to log on since about 1130.

OK, I've made some additional changes... it's unlikely to have made things much better, but I want to be sure I haven't made them worse. ;) Anyone noticing any big changes in speed since 2000 ET today?

Pages are loading about twice of fast as normal for me.....hmmm....is it Mike's changes or the drugs I'm on..... ::)

For the past two days, the site has been running hot and cold for me.  Slightly better at work.
Some pages take ages to load, particularly when replying to a post.
I also find that sometimes the pages only load part way.
Strange......    :blotto:

PMedMoe said:
For the past two days, the site has been running hot and cold for me.  Slightly better at work.
Some pages take ages to load, particularly when replying to a post.
I also find that sometimes the pages only load part way.
Strange......    :blotto:

Almost exactly the same for me - also in Ottawa. The rest of the Internet is normal.

E.R. Campbell said:
Almost exactly the same for me - also in Ottawa. The rest of the Internet is normal.

Yes, mine too.  OF course, right after I posted that, the site became super fast.  ::)  ;)

ERC, are you on Rogers as well??

I'm on Bell, I get my Internet via VDSL (TV + Internet + wirline phone over twisted pair phone line) so it is, normally, very quick.

I suspect that the crawlers and spiders and so on that prowl the web on behalf of big search engines (and others?) are part of the problem - but when the site is slow I always forget to look at the "Who is on line" thingy. It's my Somezeimer's - sorta like Alzheimer's but I only forget the really important stuff when it is likely to be most embarrassing ... or convenient.

Army.ca is slow to very slow right now (1900 Hrs) in Ottawa.

I see this: Yahoo! (13), MSN (15), Google (AdSense), Google (3),

All day long it has been up and down just like a wh*re's drawers! At present it is slower than molasses in January. I've encountered all kinds of problems. I hope it gets better.....can't get any worse.

tango22a

For the last week, I've been experiencing the exact same conditions here that E.R. Campbell and PMedMoe have been reporting.
For whatever it's worth, I'm in Northern Manitoba, with a DSL connection through MTS (Manitoba Telephone Service). 

tango22a said:
All day long it has been up and down just like a wh*re's drawers!
tango22a

T22A, you took the words right out of my mouth!

Back