• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Shining boots after an ex

How many frackin times do we have to say this here.

Combat boots - clean and black - end of story!

ModlrMike said:
How many frackin times do we have to say this here.
Combat boots - clean and black - end of story!

Some units want combat boots to be as shiny as parade boots ala the RCHA of old.

riekert.n said:
Hahaha! I wish I could get away with that. I have two pairs of the Mk3.

Those boots are like gold, look after them...many wish they still had Mk IIIs.  :nod:

G2G hence why I still refuse to turn them in even though I only wear SWATS now...

NFLD Sapper said:
G2G hence why I still refuse to turn them in even though I only wear SWATS now...

Yup, I'm down to my last pair...Vibramed.  I'll be a sad panda when they give up the ghost, NFLD, but they still have a few years left in them.  :)

Still got mine one pair broken in nice and one that are still bran new both with origanal soles ;D

I've told my guys that if any of them shows up with spit-shined combat boots, I will scuff them myself - then I'll send them out to the back compound to sort out, re-roll and count the rolls of concertina wire we hold.

CHIMO!

If hell bent on polishing!!!  Scuff lightly with 1000 grit emery cloth to remove deep scaches. Apply hot parafin wax/ carnuba wax (hardshell car  turtle wax and or compound). Let cool dry. Buff with terry cloth. no car buffers. They will burn the wax off. apply boot polish and polish. Note spit is a cooling agent to keep the wax polish from burning.

Note: no bees wax. It is to soft and will not polish to a high shine.

Also never apply silicone sprays or liquids.

Try this on an older boot first.

Cheers

Sorry all !!!  Aparently it is inproper to polish boots. It Should be silicone ONLY!!!!

Check with your SGT.

Or the instructions that came with your boots for care and cleaning.

Cheers

Duane said:
If hell bent on polishing!!!  Scuff lightly with 1000 grit emery cloth to remove deep scaches. Apply hot parafin wax/ carnuba wax (hardshell car  turtle wax and or compound). Let cool dry. Buff with terry cloth. no car buffers. They will burn the wax off. apply boot polish and polish. Note spit is a cooling agent to keep the wax polish from burning.

Note: no bees wax. It is to soft and will not polish to a high shine.

Also never apply silicone sprays or liquids.

Try this on an older boot first.

Cheers
:facepalm:
:facepalm:

Once again style over substance. The 80s are long gone.

Thick layer of polish on the toe of the boot
Leave it to dry
Apply hot spoon (use a candle)
Do this 2 or 3 times
Polish as normal

(Thank you Army Cadets!)

Back