• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Shooting Standards

Sgt_McWatt

Inactive
Reaction score
I am my Corp's shooting NCO. I was wondering what are the exact standards for the different levels of Marksmanship. I realise the my officers have them somewere in the office. However if anyone has an on-line link I would love to see them.
Regards

I can't give you a link, but I can tell you this.  I know the standards starts at 3cm which gives you crossrifles.  And it ends at 1.9 I think which would give you cross-rifle crown

Is it true that you have to have the whole breathing procedures properly to get your distinguished markman? Because thats what My RSO said to me, and thats why I only had my level 3 marksman.. ???

Well it all helps you shoot better. The breathing, the sling adjustment, your body alignment- its all suppose to help you shoot better.

no no no no the top badge (im air cadet) which for me is lvl is 1.5 cm or smaller and that is what i think the army has for rifles crossed w/crownso top badge is 1.5 cm or smaller

What helps me when shooting is to completely relax. Be 'zoned out' and when you shoot, don't have a care in the world. lol I know it may sound stupid, but it really helps (for me). Don't rush, but don't take your sweet time either.In a way, think of it like your trying to get rid of your rounds quickly, but wanna keep a grouping at the same time. This is just my 2 cents, see if it helps you too! :)

Distinguished is 1.5 cm, Marksman is 3... not too sure on the other 2! 2.5 cm and 2, possibly?

As much as I like seeing members contribute, I don't think reviving a thread to say nonononono is a good idea.

Back