• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Should have been sworn in two days ago but....

jfreeland

Inactive
Reaction score
Back in March 2011 I started the process of applying to be a Med Tech.  I always wanted to so something in the medical profession and once I joined cadets I also wanted to join the military.  Then I found out my grandpa was a med tech and served in the Korean War and I knew my calling. 

Anyways back in March I started the process and everything went pretty smooth. I applied online and after being given some misinformation about applying for med tech my application was moved to my local recruiting office and my testing was scheduled! :) what a happy day!  Passed all my testing and had a great interview.  I got called one friday to go for testing the following monday because my information had to be approved by that friday to get merit listed. 

The following week they called and said I am scheduled to be sworn in on Aug 18/2011, eleven days before my birthday! Perfect.

Then on Aug 1 the paramedic school I was accepted into said the course was cancelled....  so I am not sworn in and am in limbo :(
To get going again I need to be accepted into another paramedic school, which I am working on and hoping to know the status on that by December sometime!  Fingers Crossed. 

just proves the motto again 'Hurry up and wait' lol

Anyways I really can't wait to get in and get going on schooling and training and the whole experience.  I should have joined right after graduating high school instead of waiting till 23 - 5 years behind schedule and this setback makes 6.  But better late than never!

Hi

From what I remember, if you don't get accepted into a school they sponsor, they do have the school out in BC, I would personally call the center and ask what to do or what happens now.

Tanya

Back