• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Should the Kids of Presidents, VPs be Sent Into Combat?

As one who has lost a son to the current war, I'm telling you that don't have kids, that you are not capable of rational thought. Everything else in your life becomes secondary.
IF a leader of a nation loses a a child to war as a soldier, or that child is taken prisoner....then that leader's ability to make sound decisions on behalf of the nation is compromised. The enemy now has a propaganda victory AND has taken the initiative. THAT is my point.

Theory is fine, BUT real world occurences rarely resemble theory.

I just caught on to this thread and it's very topical. It brought to mind Jimmy Roosevelt, who was President Roosevelt's oldest son. As the XO of Carlson's Raider(2nd Raider Bn), Jimmy fought on Guadalcanal, and the Makin raid (where he earned the Navy Cross). He was assigned as a liaison officer to the Army 27th ID for Operation Galvanic and won the Silver Star for his gallantry in action there. Quite a guy, and the fact that his dad was president would never have stopped him from getting into combat. Whether the Japanese were more or less brutal then the current enemy is a point of debate for a different thread.

Mark

Back