• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sigs Question

Thanks for the pictures..

Well I went today and did my CFAT, and I qualified for all MOCs, did my interview, that went well also, did my medical, got just a couple minor kinks to work out with that by the end of this week, then I go for my fitness test on May 11th, then I wait for a call from the comm unit (hopefully)...Things are looking really good so far!

Sig Bloggins said:
I was just looking through some of those pictures, and my mouth dropped open. That place is WAY too green to be Shilo.

Also, WRT to the hills in the trg area, I remember someone explaining that it used to be an artillery range back in the day.

The last time I looked, the base was still an artillery base but the infantry is now moving in.  As far back as I remember, the guns were there.  As for green, snow does melt and grass is green in the early summer.

Shilo is actually a beautiful place if you've got an open mind... nothing like a section attack through a field of poison ivy ;)

Wow..Those pictures bring back memories, Theoat. Mostly of you're guys' course party, and us having to carry the majority of you to your beds....We actually had orders from our Platoon Sgt to do it...

Ah, Shilo.  I look back on my time in Shilo, and remember they let me leave, so its ok now.....
Anybody currently stationed there, keep the faith, one day you too will leave ;D

Back