• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sir Sean Connery Passes Away-Oct 31/ 2020

Bruce Monkhouse

Pinball Dude
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54761824

The Scottish actor was best known for his portrayal of James Bond, being the first to bring the role to the big screen and appearing in seven of the spy thrillers.
Sir Sean died overnight in his sleep, while in the Bahamas. It is understood he had been unwell for some time.

His acting career spanned decades and his many awards included an Oscar, two Bafta awards and three Golden Globes.
Sir Sean's other films included The Hunt for Red October, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and The Rock.

He was largely regarded as being the best actor to have played 007 in the long-running franchise, often being named as such in polls.
His Oscar came in 1988, when he was named best supporting actor for his role as an Irish cop in The Untouchables.
He was knighted by the Queen at Holyrood Palace in 2000.
In August, he celebrated his 90th birthday.

My favourite Connery movie by far was The Hill. Excellent movie.

dapaterson said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3NDtR8xmc4

Wow. Weird. Watched that last night (or early this morning is perhaps more accurate)

RIP.

I still remember the first time that I saw a Sean Connery film very clearly. It was the second time for me to see a "big" movie (the first having been "Ben Hur" a year or two earlier). Up until then all I'd been seeing were fifty cent double feature space monster movies at a local cinema in Scarborough.

To see "Dr. No" a few of us 12 year olds had to venture all the way to the (now defunct) University Theatre in downtown Toronto where we encountered our first experience with a block long line-up for admittance.

I had never heard of either Bond or Connery and recall being ridiculed by my friends for mispronouncing his first name "Seen". (I had a friend called Shawn. How was I to know it was spelled two different ways?)

Terrific film and made me a Bond and Connery (not to mention Ursula Andress) fan for life.

RIP. No one ever did it better than you.

:cheers:

My favourite Connery role and scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf6rX-q7lQY

One of the roles I enjoyed was Danny Dravot in "The Man who would be King", but there are so many to choose from.

PPCLI Guy said:
I am shaken by his death.

Not stirred

I laughed like Connery (or the actor that portrayed him in SNL) Damn that is funny

"Winners f&ck the prom queen"

“ one ping only please...”

Cemented my desire to do ASW for a living.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Only Connery movie I've seen.....my favorite line in The Rock.

You've only seen one Connery movie?  Considering his filmography, you practically have to work at doing that. 

He's had so many good lines, but the one I like is from The Longest Day, after he falls in the water getting off the landing craft: 
"Oh the evil of it all! Trying to drown a man before he’s even had a chance to fight!"

He was a real star and I never missed a movie. I liked the movie Rising Sun  with Wesley Snipes.

SeaKingTacco said:
“ one ping only please...”

Cemented my desire to do ASW for a living.

A Lithuian speaking with a Scottish accent - he actually stole that movie from Baldwin

Dimsum said:
You've only seen one Connery movie?  Considering his filmography, you practically have to work at doing that. 

Maybe watch 4 movies a year....maybe..even less when I was younger.

Back