• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Small Gloves

Pte. Bloggins

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm a female with very tiny hands, and have a hard time finding issue gloves that fit. (Even the CADPAT x-small gloves are too big for me.) Only the DEU gloves fit, and those would obviously fall apart in the field. Does anyone know of any gloves out there that would be small enough to fit me, would fit snug and still be durable enough to work with?

Thanks for any answers.

you can have special orders made on issued gloves.  I've seen XX small on the mortar gloves.  Talk to your Clothing stores people.

The CF gloves are actually well made, Get an extra set of those DEU gloves and wear them in the field, they are really resilient.

Cpl Bloggins said:
Hey everyone,

I'm a female with very tiny hands, and have a hard time finding issue gloves that fit. (Even the CADPAT x-small gloves are too big for me.) Only the DEU gloves fit, and those would obviously fall apart in the field. Does anyone know of any gloves out there that would be small enough to fit me, would fit snug and still be durable enough to work with?

Thanks for any answers.

Cpl Bloggins,

Go back to clothing stores and ask them to map out your hands for the "Special Sizing Roll". This is a very simple process of tracing around your hands (quite like kindergarten). Then ask them to forward the info to the Supply Manager for gloves in NDHQ. The Supply Manager is then responsible to have gloves made to your personal size specifications. It is clothing's responsibility to initiate this "special size roll" on your behalf.
You are entitled to have all gloves made special for you if the standard stocked sizes do not fit. This would include your CF gloves, Cold/WW Gloves, Temperate combat gloves, lightweight/thermal mortar gloves etc etc.
We have had to do this for numerous personnel here in Gagetown, so far only for guys who's hands were too large for the issued sizes though, haven't yet experienced anyone with too small hands. It's all the same process however and you are entitled to it.
Let me know how you make out.

Wow. :eek: That'd be awesome. Could I do that even though I'm just a reservist?

Also, does anyone know of any non-issue gloves that come in little sizes? Trying to find a pair of black female work gloves is freakin' hard...it's like they think females don't work. :D

Thanks again.

If your entitled your entitled.  Contact armyvern on this matter.  She is a Sgt in clothing stores and should be able to better direct you.  As far as the non issued go you may try emailing some of the higher end glove coy about this.  The guys that make the mortar glove are Raber gloves in Wpg and may be able to make you a custom glove.  www.raberglove.com

Bloggins....
Reserve , Regular..... same thing
If as a Comms you are entitled to the gloves then "git"!!!

As for black non-issue gloves, I find the best ones to buy are the ladies leather gloves with the Thinsulate lining. I've got really tiny hands too, and these are great. You can find them anywhere, Zellers/Walmart, even drugstores have them for about $10.

Cpl Bloggins said:
Thanks for the replies, off to clothing stores I go then.   :)

Bloggins,

Be sure and let us know how you make out. If unsucessful...PM me.

Vern

Small leather gloves for a decent price can be found at most horse supply store, in Ottawa there is Apple Saddlery, one of the best stores in the city for anyone visiting.  As they cater to horse jumpers, jockeys, and stable workers, they have gloves for all three, and unlike most adult films would have us beleive, those guys with names like Studly Hungwell and Lance Romance don't really work in the stables.  Most riders (male and female) do their own horse maintenance (grooming, stall "mucking")and need gloves.  As a guy with big hands, I have found thier liner gloves awesome for working on sights in the winter.  They cost 1.99, and are made of poly-pro and have the little sticky contact dots on them.

Bloggins, the DEU gloves are great in the field

I have the opposite problem, I've got great big meat hooks and the regular black cbt glove opening is too small for quick effective use and with the green wool inserts I tend to have less leverage and grip than with the DEU all-in-ones.

just keep em waterproof with dubbin, and turn em inside out when you are in the pod so any sweat can evaporate, I've been using mine for about 4 years now with no problems... I found that they have outlasted my last pair of cbt gloves, which usually get slashed up first time I take em out into the field.

Back