• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Small Pack Issue

You've gotta be kidding me. That really grinds my gears (to quote Peter Griffin). Is there anything we can do about this? According to Ebay the best way to deal with stolen property (it's the closest I could find) being sold on Ebay is to contact a LEO. Any way to fast tract this to someone with some pull at DND?

Cheers,
Pinky

That's what I would like to do, but I don't think I have the right connections or authority since i'm still only a civvie.

I would be happy to assist in any way I can, if this is infact stolen property.

Well, as a civy you're not restricted by the chain of command, so you could probably talk to someone important faster than a memo from a shmo private (like me) would get there (if it ever did). There's no need to ask whether or not it's stolen property because, AFAIK, nothing from CTS has been released to the public in the form of military surplus (I'm no authority on the matter though, so we'll have to wait for someone who knows more about it speaks up). That means that some moron is selling the small pack he was issued. Even if he pays for the replacement it's still illegal (again, AFAIK).

Wow that was a lot of parentheses.

Cheers,
Pinky

Pte.Pinky said:
There's no need to ask whether or not it's stolen property because, AFAIK, nothing from CTS has been released to the public in the form of military surplus (I'm no authority on the matter though, so we'll have to wait for someone who knows more about it speaks up).
No, it hasn't been released to the public.
Pte.Pinky said:
That means that some moron is selling the small pack he was issued. Even if he pays for the replacement it's still illegal (again, AFAIK).
More often than not it is a common thief (who happens to wear a uniform) who stole your buddies pack so it's not costing the thief a dime to replace anything. This thief is sucking out your buddies kit and making a killing on e-bay with it. Your buddy, meanwhile, has to file the loss report to have his stolen kit replaced and is probably facing an Admin deduction for the replacement cost. Sound fair? No. So, if you are aware of anyone selling or getting rid of excess kit which incorporates either the cadpat material or is a Clothe the Soldier item...they are either screwing you, your buddy, or the taxpayer.
There seems to be an abundance of thieves in the military these days who seem to think that they are entitled to supplement their income by screwing you, me, your buddy and the taxpayer. That's exactly the type of 'soldier' I'd want in the trench beside me when the crap hits the fan...someone who'd sell me out for a few bucks.  ::) No thanks. I'd rather throw his ass in jail where it belongs.
Do something about it folks. Print screen the E-bay page showing the listing and the originator's e-mail address and e-mail it to your closet Military Police Section for investigation.

armyvern said:
Do something about it folks. Print screen the E-bay page showing the listing...
Done, now who would I go to, to have this dealt with? The best I can think of is the MPs at CFB Naden.

That will do.

You may also wish to express your concerns regarding the selling of "cadpat" or Clothe the Soldier", or "CTS" items directly to E-bay security via:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/stolen.html

I just did.

An update:

"Item: CADPAT SMALL PACK (6611439448)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
undertow322 is the Seller.

It's not new and I got it from a surplus store in T.O. I got another e-mail from somebody saying it was ilegal for me to re-sell it, so I might be taking it off the auction."

I received this from the seller.

WARNING

When you find items like this on E-Bay, follow the advice given above to call the MPs and give them all the information, with as much detail as possible.  They will deal with the matter.  DO NOT take it upon yourself to contact in any way, shape or form the person selling these items, as then you may compromise a Police Investigation.  You may be called in as a Witness, if you have evidence.  You may, if you have interferred with a Police Investigation, become an Accessory to a Crime.  You may in turn become the only one to be Charged for a Criminal Act, should the 'real' criminal be warned off. 

So be wary of what you do in these open forums and on the internet at large.

He gave me the same response (I was the other one telling him it was illegal). I said "You ARE aware that it is illegal to sell this item, right?":

Item: CADPAT SMALL PACK (6611439448)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
undertow322 is the Seller.

No I wasn't. I got this from a surplus store and realized I paid too much. Why can't i re-sell it?

- Pinky

well, i just got issued my small pack and being a reserve sig out west, i find the thing great, took it with me to quebec for a weekend long course, did the job fine.

rarely do i see winter conditions, so no worries on the buckles, rarely am i dismounted, no worries about loading awkward items, it's really a wonderfully designed piece of kit for me. i have the CP valise i attach to the top, sadly i can't attach a cot or recce tent easily to it as i did my ruck, so i run the risk of having sombody run off with my coveted sleeping kit now, but oh well.

for a cbt arms trade like infantry, i can see the issue of having no easy way to attach it loaded to a ruck, save perhaps some aftermarket straps hooking into where the detachable wasteband on the small pack attachs to. then perhaps using some sorta scrounged strap to attach the top to your ruck.. however it's definatly gonna leave you very bottom heavy.  maybe moving your valise to the top of your ruck, and putting your SP sidways in place of the valise at the bottom of the ruck and attaching your air matress somwhere clear on the back.

*shrug* it certainly is exactly what i need for my occupation, just like the tac vest was, sombody at CTS really likes us sigs. the SP even fits my radio better.

M13
It wasn't designed as a replacement to the Rucksack
as a patrol pack.... it does the job.

Me like... for the most part.... until this weekend, I was swinging mine up onto my back and one of the - I don't know - about 80 different adjustment straps flew up and smacked me in the eye!

I'd hate to be on BMQ/SQ now with the TV and SPS - I think if any of my "French Roll" loving staff had asked me to do all those straps I'd throttle them!

Apologies to Francophones out there, but that's the only term I know, and I got jacked only a year ago in Valcartier for not having them on my kit.

tlm.

tlm said:
Me like... for the most part.... until this weekend, I was swinging mine up onto my back and one of the - I don't know - about 80 different adjustment straps flew up and smacked me in the eye!

Maybe you should have got your ballistic glasses issued at the same time ;D

Once again some dumb@$$ "idiot" is trying to sell a brand new SPS on E-bay, i'm not sure if anyone has reported this to the authority yet, but i know i sure am............

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Canadian-CADPAT-Small-Pack_W0QQitemZ170001660357QQihZ007QQcategoryZ36071QQssPageNameZWD3VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

From the site:
"The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale."

Perhaps the seller has received a warning?

von Garvin said:
From the site:
"The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale."

Perhaps the seller has received a warning?

or maybe because i PM'd him and said it was illegal to sell the pack ;).......................... :salute: :cdn:

and maybe you didn't read the warning posted by George Wallace at the top of THIS PAGE!!!

Back