• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Smell problem

Harnoisa

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi guys, I was wondering if a smell problem can stop my application to the canadian force.
The problem is I don't smell anything I don't have the sense of scent since as long as I can remember, I search on the internet and they call it anosmia.
Thanks for reply

I could of used this problem during basic, some of the boots that people took off could clear a room.

Hi, I was wondering if a smell problem can stop my application to the canadian force.
The problem is I don't smell anything I don't have the sense of scent since as long as I can remember, I search on the internet and they call it anosmia.
Thanks for reply

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-medical-occupations/index.page

I couldn't find anything in there, and at no point was I questioned or tested for sense of smell. I guess you won't know until you try!

shadreamer said:
Wish I had anosmia during my tear gas hut experience.

You would still feel the effects of the gas regardless if you could smell it or not.

Harnoisa said:
They test you on that in the basic training ?

Yes, recruits get exposed to CS gas as part of the NBCD training in BMQ. As well as CAF pers will do this training throughout their career at various points.

As for your medicial condition, apply and bring it up during the medical and see what happens.

Ok thanks, hope they don't rejects my apply for that but you're right i got to tell them

LightFighter said:
You would still feel the effects of the gas regardless if you could smell it or not.

Just a joke LF. Next time I'll plant a huge smiley at the end.  :D

Back