• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Smelly Underwear Highjack ... ;-)

joonrooj

Inactive
Reaction score
ArmyVern said:
It depends on the item.

Initial issue of t-shirts is 5 X each. Life cycle says those 5 each should last 2 years, thus you can exchange 5 X Tshirts every 2 X years.

The Clothing pers can see the dates on your electronic clothing docs that exchanges/issues occured -- thus the requirement to "bring in the old stuff" is not really necessary although some Units/locations are still operating this way.

We pull up your docs when you come into clothing and say "I need 5 more tshirts, mine are ratty".

1) Your docs show that you last exchanged shirts 2 years ago ... we issue you 5 new tshirts.
2) Your docs show that you exchanged 2 tshirts last year & 3 shirts 2 years ago ... we say "sorry we can only issue you 3 more now, but next year we can give you 2 more". (etc)
3) Docs show that you exchanged all 5 shirts a year ago ... we say "sorry, but you can only exchange 5 every two years and you've only had yours for a year".

Hope that makes sense.
Sorry for the continued hijack.
What is the 'life cycle' on the underwear green smelly? I've had mine for 14 months now (reservist) and they STINK doesn't matter how you wash em. Talking to others in the unit, its like that for them too (so its not just me;))
Also life cycle on the socks? Nothing wrong with them, except after pretty much every ex, you always seem to either lose em or gain one or two. Im down to 3 pairs of the black liner sock and up to aboot 8 pairs of the green 'over sock'.

Joonrooj said:
Sorry for the continued hijack.
What is the 'life cycle' on the underwear green smelly? I've had mine for 14 months now (reservist) and they STINK doesn't matter how you wash em. Talking to others in the unit, its like that for them too (so its not just me;))
Underwear green & smellY?  you're kidding .. right?
Possibly change detergent.  I pert well only use these - esp since I wore out the old boxers & have had absolutely no issues with em.  They're good to go.

An interesting TGIF thought  >:D - this thread shifted gears from "Speed lacing"  to "skid marks".  If the entire unit has smelly underwear I suggest you:
- talk to the MO,
- probably chat with the Chief Cook,
- then watch where you stick your butts, and
- finally, keep your nose out of yours and each others' shorts. ;D

Frostnipped Elf said:
An interesting TGIF thought  >:D - this thread shifted gears from "Speed lacing"  to "skid marks".  If the entire unit has smelly underwear I suggest you:
- talk to the MO,
- probably chat with the Chief Cook,
- then watch where you stick your butts, and
- finally, keep your nose out of yours and each others' shorts. ;D

I suggest to you that we may all be forgiven; and, quite rightly TG it IS Friday (because the timings of the posts here in this thread by myself, joonrooj and NL Engineer would suggest that we've been discussing our gotch with each other since about midnight last night.

While all you people slept. That's right ... Vern was undergoing idle underwear chat with a couple gents. Imagine that. Trust me, I'm no underwear SME.

ArmyVern said:
It could ---

But not if he's a popular size, and even unpopular sizes have been Nil Natl Stock for the past couple of years.

I can only venture to guess.

ArmyVern said:
I suggest to you that we may all be forgiven; and, quite rightly TG it IS Friday (because the timings of the posts here in this thread by myself, joonrooj and NL Engineer would suggest that we've been discussing our gotch with each other since about midnight last night.

While all you people slept. That's right ... Vern was undergoing idle underwear chat with a couple gents. Imagine that. Trust me, I'm no underwear SME.

Now I am going to have to force NFLD sapper to tell me your office location  >:D  O wait a sec, it would be on the DWAN  >:D {joke}   :cheers:

NL_engineer said:
I can only venture to guess.

Now I am going to have to force NFLD sapper to tell me your office location  >:D  O wait a sec, it would be on the DWAN  >:D {joke}   :cheers:

The one on the DWAN is her decoy office ;)

I am sworn to not reveal her actual office location ;)  ;D

I did pull up the official policy on exchanges of next to skin items Friday at work. Timelines and the policy on whether or not the old "smelly!!" stuff is required to be brought into clothing to exchange.

It is indeed covered in the Supply Bible (the 007), so I'll quote you all the references and post the applicable paras on Monday. That way, you'll know where to direct applicable Supply sp staff who aren't complying. This silly girl neglected to email it all to herself from work yesterday.

Spank me.

Sort of a off-topic, but what happens if you loose a lot of weight or gain a lot of weight ? Can you get your undergarments (and all the others) replaced so they properly fit prior to the 2years? Ive been shedding weight a bit, only expect that once Im in Basic I'll loose a few more sizes (expecting 4-6 sizes with hope).

And we're not *required* to wear the undies now are we (I know the tshirts are mandatory)? I prefer my boxer-briefs. They give me the support I need without damaging the twig'n'berries and from what I recall the cotton jobbies from my militia days bunched up my goods during long marches and I had some wierd looks when I went in to "disengage" them.

RTaylor said:
Sort of a off-topic, but what happens if you loose a lot of weight or gain a lot of weight ? Can you get your undergarments (and all the others) replaced so they properly fit prior to the 2years? Ive been shedding weight a bit, only expect that once Im in Basic I'll loose a few more sizes (expecting 4-6 sizes with hope).

And we're not *required* to wear the undies now are we (I know the tshirts are mandatory)? I prefer my boxer-briefs. They give me the support I need without damaging the twig'n'berries and from what I recall the cotton jobbies from my militia days bunched up my goods during long marches and I had some wierd looks when I went in to "disengage" them.

Yes. Just take them in and exchange them. Exchanges due to "size" are always acceptable (that's in the books too).

Oh yes -- you are indeed required to wear undergarments (nothing says it's got to be the CTS ones though), it's a chargeable offense not to.

ArmyVern said:
Oh yes -- you are indeed required to wear undergarments (nothing says it's got to be the CTS ones though), it's a chargeable offense not to.

At least I can stop trying to find the issued ones for course  ::)

Hey Vern, I like the thread name  ;D

NFLD Sapper said:
The one on the DWAN is her decoy office ;)

I am sworn to not reveal her actual office location ;)  ;D

Remember if you didn't just lay it there don't touch it  >:D  Now to get some FF1A1's from Tp Stores (I don't feel like being creative  ;D)

NL_engineer said:
At least I can stop trying to find the issued ones for course  ::)

Hey Vern, I like the thread name  ;D

Remember if you didn't just lay it there don't touch it  >:D  Now to get some FF1A1's from Tp Stores (I don't feel like being creative  ;D)

What!!??

Not find them for course!!?? They are on your kitlist no?? What ever will you do should they do a kit inspection?? Join me in my current round of extras??  >:D

I said you didn't need to wear 'em ... that doesn't = "does not need to bring them".  ;D

::)

Guess I'll take the red chit or the 129 (that would make a good story ;D) or maybe I'll see you on extras  ::)

Guess it can keep me at my current rank for longer  ;D

NL_engineer said:
Guess I'll take the red chit or the 129 (that would make a good story ;D) or maybe I'll see you on extras  ::)

Joining me may cut significantly into your drinking time ...  :-[

ArmyVern said:
Joining me may cut significantly into your drinking time ...  :-[

Well I pretty much quit drinking after the playoffs last year

I still got a month to find them  ::)  O wait, a week and a bit will be all I have, darn exercise  ;D

Thanks for the reply Vern, much appreciated.

The thread name takes me back to my QL3 Infantry course in the reserves...had a lot of people from around NS / NB / NFLD / PEI doing training on base, and a guy refused to shower.We were in Tent City outside so the smell was kind of hidden for a while, about 2 weeks later after we started haulin ass he started to really stink. He'd wash his laundry sometimes, but not often, and he never showered. The guys in the tent with him got tired of it and reported it, he didnt do anything even after being ordered to shower.

So, a few of us got together and made a Undergarment Sandwich and tried to make him eat it. Underwear not washed for like 2 weeks wrapped in a tshirt and smothered in socks that had never seen the washing machine. MMMM MMMm good.

Wasnt 2 days later when we had a chance he was showering in the middle of the night and doing his laundry. I keep this one in mind because there is *always* that 1 person that won't shower on a course. (worked better than a soap in the sock beating we gave another fuckup for running his mouth to the C.O.)

The powers of smelly underswear :nana:

ArmyVern said:

Well that I've never knew, or heard that! And to think, all those years and all those people that did, and do, go commando. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they read out that charge ;D

Citation de: ArmyVern le Hier à 15:56:07

recceguy said:
Well that I've never knew, or heard that! And to think, all those years and all those people that did, and do, go commando. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they read out that charge ;D

What about when people are wearing a kilt ? Isn't mandatory to be "commando" ?

recceguy said:

Lot's did, and still do!!  ;D

I've seen some amazing sights in my time.  ::)

RTaylor said:
Thanks for the reply Vern, much appreciated.

The thread name takes me back to my QL3 Infantry course in the reserves...had a lot of people from around NS / NB / NFLD / PEI doing training on base, and a guy refused to shower.We were in Tent City outside so the smell was kind of hidden for a while, about 2 weeks later after we started haulin *** he started to really stink. He'd wash his laundry sometimes, but not often, and he never showered. The guys in the tent with him got tired of it and reported it, he didnt do anything even after being ordered to shower.

So, a few of us got together and made a Undergarment Sandwich and tried to make him eat it. Underwear not washed for like 2 weeks wrapped in a tshirt and smothered in socks that had never seen the washing machine. MMMM MMMm good.

Wasnt 2 days later when we had a chance he was showering in the middle of the night and doing his laundry. I keep this one in mind because there is *always* that 1 person that won't shower on a course. (worked better than a soap in the sock beating we gave another fuckup for running his mouth to the C.O.)

The powers of smelly underswear :nana:

... and you are proud of this behaviour???

Amazing.

Back