• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

So I applied to the CF Reserves about 6 weeks ago

Stacked said:
She said it's a closed trade, meaning they are no longer taking applicants for that trade. So i'd assume until April 2011 when the new fiscal year begins unless it opens up before then..

Bingo  :(
Clever Stacked!

Alea

Alea said:
Pilot? Me?... The only things I can fly properly are my dreams in my head ;) Besides, even though I would love to fly, I'm too old to start all the studies that comes along with this trade.
I applied for RMS... which is now a closed trade in the Regular.

Alea

There's two RMS's on my BMQ course right now, I wonder when it closed off if they got in...

6 weeks... sounds better than what I've been waiting. I applied last September as a reservist here at CFRC Toronto, I spent about 4 months going back and forth with the recruiter from my regiment, and the recruiters at the office only to find out that no one knows when I'll get in and to just sit tight and wait.

My mistake in all this was quitting the army a few years ago... won't happen again  :salute:

handed mine in 4 and a half months ago in new westminster BC and have recieved no contact either

Stacked is giving you some really good advise Ambush, plus you should be proactive with"your" application, hundreds of applications and checking up is a good way to make sure the ball is rolling and in some cases catch some error's or further info needed, if I didn't call when I did my Referral Form might never have been found until wayyyyyy later.

And grab a coffee, sit and read the some of the threads for a bit, you might find waiting times not only vary, but they all have 1 thing in common--waiting and patience and keeping in touch with the recruiters/file manager, when I say keep in touch that doesn't mean harass either, don't call every other day.

Have a great summer and don't worry they will call at some point.

Also try to find "tips on contacting your recruiter" by Otis on this forum, fantastic info!!! if someone could post the link that would be great, not sure how to.

Hi,

Here is the link on "Tips on contacting your recruiter"  :nod:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/88358.0.html

Alea

Stacked said:
If you have received NO contact after handing in your application, I would try calling in and politely asking about your application.

4 months after applying I had been in contact with my recruiter at the regiment and CFRC Toronto. The thing is there is a hiring freeze now where I'm located. They canceled summer courses, stopped ones right in the middle, and only allowed parade nights (no weekend exercises either) The last time I spoke was sometime in April where I was told to stand by for a phone call at some point in the future. I'll definitely try a call in September to see if the situation has changed, but right now my orders are to hurry up and wait.

Back