• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

So? What is the Story with the shortage of Hatbadges?

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Inactive
Reaction score
So?  What is the Story with the shortage of Hatbadges that have the Queen's Crown?  Has the CF come to the conclusion that the Queen will soon be replaced by a King?  Since when have we gone into the "fortune telling" business?  Does the CF and Canada's DND have some information that the Royalty doesn't?  Will the Sovereign change because DND has decided to change all our hatbadges that have the reigning Sovereign's crown?  Will we as Canadians dictate when the Sovereign changes?

GW I think the shortage is due to the fact that the government has let the contracts expire, (Vern am I right?) same goes for the rank pins.

NFLD Sapper said:
GW I think the shortage is due to the fact that the government has let the contracts expire, (Vern am I right?) same goes for the rank pins.

You'd figure that with the big push on to Recruit and "Promote", that this would not be the case.........................OH!  Sorry!  That would make sense.  ::)

George Wallace said:
You'd figure that with the big push on to Recruit and "Promote", that this would not be the case.........................OH!  Sorry!  That would make sense.   ::)

Well, the CF/DND has resorted to no such thing ... PWGSC has let the contract expire - just to clarify. Then again, we in the CF nor the MND get to tell another government department what to do or what their priorities should be -- apparently theirs ... differ from ours.

And, believe you me ... we've been bitching and screaming for the items.

George Wallace said:
You'd figure that with the big push on to Recruit and "Promote", that this would not be the case.........................OH!  Sorry!  That would make sense.  ::)

George, have you been skipping your medication again?  Knock that stuff off right now!

Kat Stevens said:
George, have you been skipping your medication again?  Knock that stuff off right now!

Kat

It would seem that some "high ranking" Canadian Civil Servant is trying to dictate the timing that we replace the "Crown".  That is rather morbid, don't you think?

I really dont think that a civil servant had enough forethought to plan something so sinister. To me its just a beaurocratic SNAFU.

CDN Aviator said:
I really dont think that a civil servant had enough forethought to plan something so sinister. To me its just a beaurocratic SNAFU.

Ohhhhh no --- it's most definitely a conspiracy to have us all decked out in rifle green wool; I'm convinced. Nothing shiney or nice to attracts the crows ... or posers as they may be.

ArmyVern
aka Fluffy
;)

recceguy said:

George has decided that one Crusty is enough.  >:D

No, seriously ... it's his new nickname for me - I think it fits.  ;D

:-X

NFLD Sapper said:

Oh ok I'm going to take this as an opportunity to ask.  Is it just the army who wear their ranks as collar pins?  And if so, why?  I'm curious.

Thanks, Kyle

MedTechStudent said:
Oh ok I'm going to take this as an opportunity to ask.  Is it just the army who wear their ranks as collar pins?  And if so, why?  I'm curious.

Thanks, Kyle

'Cause we're special.

ArmyVern said:
George has decided that one Crusty is enough.  >:D

No, seriously ... it's his new nickname for me - I think it fits.  ;D

:-X

Yes. There can be only one. That moniker has been with me a very long time ;D I even have nametags. ;)

MedTechStudent said:

In the Air Force they are considered FOD.

In the Navy they are too hard to keep straight after Mess.

recceguy said:
Yes. There can be only one. That moniker has been with me a very long time ;D I even have nametags. ;)

Did the Crown pay for those (just to keep the thread on "Crown" topic!!  ;D)??  :mad:

ArmyVern said:
'Cause we're special.

So you've told me.  Ok thanks!  Now I can tell all my friend that the army is "special."  :D

George Wallace said:

Ok, that all there is to it?

George Wallace said:

Maybe some civil servant will soon take away the Air Force's buttons and medals too!! Holy moly - the conspiracy grows!!

As for the Navy ... you may be on to something! (Except that their collars are already taken up by their trade flashs)  :)

George Wallace said:

Well.......Since nobody wears their DEUs on the tarmac, i call BS on the FOD thing. Even when we use the tarmac for parades, there are still medals, name tags, buttons........so the FOD thing is more of an urban myth.

George Wallace said:
Kat

It would seem that some "high ranking" Canadian Civil Servant is trying to dictate the timing that we replace the "Crown".  That is rather morbid, don't you think?

I was referring to your making sense statement, sorry for the confusion.

CDN Aviator said:
Well.......Since nobody wears their DEUs on the tarmac, i call BS on the FOD thing. Even when we use the tarmac for parades, there are still medals, name tags, buttons........so the FOD thing is more of an urban myth.

What!!?? It was all a lie??

I'm certain that I once watched a recruiting commercial with a nice, young gentleman pilot disemarking an Aircraft (sure it was a Boeing too), in his service dress ... lovely little briefcase in hand ... onto the tarmac.

Dammit - I feel so misled; it simply must all be a conspiracy.  8)

Back