• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Soldier On Sports Recovery/Rehabilitation Fund

The Invictus Games is a glossed up International Military Sports Day and it is not a Sanctioned International Sporting event under any National Sporting Association or body. (Full disclosure, not a fan of how the IG is promoted)

The original SO/SL mission statement was simple:
"SO provides resources and opportunities for permanently ill and injured CF members and Veterans to attain an active lifestyle through physical fitness, recreation and sporting activities." To be part of a collective then to all of a sudden becoming an individual dealing with your life altering injuries is hard enough, lets try and support through probably the best know mental health supports in a military context- sport, physical activity, and recreation (watching a football, hockey etc...game with your friends, peers, other Veterans qualifies as recreation as some injuries' are extremely complex and disabling) Habilitation being the key word.

100% voluntary.

SO/SL is a peer support program that addressed/addresses barriers like funds and most importantly 'Connections to sport/recreational organizations" that are located in your home Province/Territory. Close by to ensure continued health and wellness.

As bureaucracy grows so does the continuity of information that gets communicated. Sorry but a 30 page info package should be the first sign to make sure that you are covered and not left in the hands of CAF as a Veteran. Information pertaining to Injuries and Coverage should be Front and Center in the first paragraph in BOLD!

I was also the VAC Project and Monitoring Officer for IG Toronto and that was a nice 15 Mil plus CAF participation to the IMGC (TPL) that must have surpassed 20 Mil when factoring in all the aspects of using CAF reg and reserve forces. The total price closed in on 60 Million for IG Toronto federal, provincial, municipal and corporate sponsors. Shaking my head, could not even get them to consistently provided bilingual communications LOL. I do not think tax payers should be paying for the Grip and Grin highlight show of Harry with corporate, celeb, politicians and other senior executives. Certain demographics in Canada go GAGA for anything Royal and in this case Harry. The question must have been asked but my guess it was a lets wait and see, we are good if its a still serving members but the gray area comes with the Veterans participating.

Just my 2c as SO Founder

Back