• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Soldier returns after going AWOL

Pieman said:
Give a new guy a bucket of water and tell him it is IR paint. Watch him paint a LAV III top to bottom.

Thats amazing, I think its worth trying on a few of our bisons.

C.G.R said:
No it is not my intent to turn this in to a pissing match, it may be yours however. I was simply giving an example of a prank a guy would play on a new guy in the trade that I am in. You felt the need to try and prove me wrong. Yes I could have put up more information as to the context of this tool, or you could have asked. If someone showed up with an electric fence stretcher they would be sent back to the van.

No this is not the "hill I want to die on", nor is it the one I think we should waste time arguing about? No hard feelings on my end.

Hey, while you two were finagling, I was out plying my trade.  These things just sell themselves - I've already sold five!  Two left, but I'm willing to hold one for you for a day or so, but if I get a better offer...

Shamrock said:
These things just sell themselves - I've already sold five! 
Did you sell them all to Serbs, or is it more of a mixed market these days?
                  :pop:

I know of one guy who sent our driver to maintenance for a metric adjustable wrench.  She returned with the wrong one.  It was stamped with "imperial" tool makers logo.  Needless to say she was sent back.

Is this really true? I searched google but wasn't able to find anything other than the link in the OP.

daniel12 said:
Is this really true? I searched google but wasn't able to find anything other than the link in the OP.

:facepalm:

daniel12 said:

Go on the link and take a look at some of the other stories.

daniel12 said:

I really hope you're joking...

daniel12 said:
Now I feel like an idiot lol
Don't worry. Soldiers who think are exhibiting a lack of trust in their chain of command who are supposed to think for them.

Let this be a lesson that you should just obey  ;)

My personal favorite was to send the private on the range to go get the brass magnet. They would run from the firing point to the butts and then back to the ammo point, and the range shack, if you had enough instructors in on it.  ;D
By the time he got back all the brass was cleaned up..... time to march back to the shacks.

Back