• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Soldiers accused of stealing from fellow CF members

PMedMoe

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
Article Link

Two Edmonton soldiers are accused of stealing from three fellow Canadian Forces members -- two of whom are currently serving in Afghanistan, and a third soldier who recently returned from the war-torn country.

Police say the charges came after several recreational vehicles were removed from a compound on CFB Edmonton.

"The men were arrested and charged after pulling a trailer that was reported stolen. The trailer was for sale but the buyer became suspicious and contacted police and police then started the investigation," police spokesperson Chad Orydzuk told CTV Edmonton.

More at link

It's a sad state of affairs when stuff like this happens.

470_fitzcharles_johnson_soldiers_110715_225128.jpg

Figured I'd throw their picture up from the CTV site.

I may be off on a tangent on this one, however, with the rise of organized crime (ie bikers) what's the chances that a few soldiers/sailors/airpers are involved with OC?

Just a thought....

Wow I actually know the one guy. His Dad was/is a Capt @ LFCA HQ IIRC. Really nice man too. I'm sure he's less than impressed by his son's shenanigans. From what I have heard though, he (the member in question) was no longer in his Bn due to injuries and on his way out.

Jim Seggie said:
I may be off on a tangent on this one, however, with the rise of organized crime (ie bikers) what's the chances that a few soldiers/sailors/airpers are involved with OC?

Just a thought....
Bad enough troops stealing from troops, that would be even worse.

Then again, we're all presumed innocent until proven guilty, too.  ;)

milnews.ca said:
Bad enough troops stealing from troops, that would be even worse.

Then again, we're all presumed innocent until proven guilty, too.  ;)

Agreed.

I have heard that in US forces certain gangs from the US major cities have inifiltrated. Not a good thing.

Journeyman said:
Hey, riding a bike isn't a crime. :mad:

140.jpg

;)

I know you're joking, ;)

I mean criminal bikers like the stupid ones here in Winnipeg.

Journeyman said:
Hey, riding a bike isn't a crime. :mad:

140.jpg

;)
It's not riding the bike, it's the OTHER stuff done by those who one hangs out with in some "motorcycle clubs" that draws the eye.  We know YOU'RE ok, though.  ;D

If I am not mistaken I worked briefly with one of those fellows overseas, on his second tour.

Wookilar said:
Please tell me they are PAT's?...please?

Wook

Because we hold the PAT personnel to a lower standard? No, all members of the CF are held to the same professional standard.

had a young guy stealing combats from his mates, silly sod attempted to exchange them at clothing stores with the other persons nametag still attached. Sadly the MP's got to him before we did.

Had a guy in the Coast Guard at Kitsolano station, take the very well marked company truck, rob a 7-11 while in uniform, he then returned to the base to complete his shift.

Cop: "did you notice any identifing marks on the robber or his vehicle?"

Store owner: "Yes well he was driving a red van with a white stripe with coast guard on it and wearing a blue uniform with......"

Needless to say the VPD were able to qucikly close the case. Yet when the turd got out, CCG re-hired him and sent him to sea for a bit. We were not to happy and the office got the message.

Jim Seggie said:

Just a thought....

Jim, we are in the CF a mirror of Canadian society as you know.  There have been and are a few bad apples that get into the CF.  I had dealings with some 20 years ago that had connections to OC.  But, thankfully they were the exception and rare.  Sadly, not all of us are decent human beings.

If convicted, I hope these two get the book thrown at them. Thievery cannot be tolerated in the military.

Short march to Club Ed. Won't even have to change their postal codes.

They should have kept this tight lipped and dealt with them they way they should be dealt with....
You know, accidents happen all the time  >:D

Springroll said:
They should have kept this tight lipped and dealt with them they way they should be dealt with....
You know, accidents happen all the time  >:D

Seriously?

Come on.

Milnet.ca Staff

OMGs and other gangs are indeed part of the US forces. There was a gang related shooting between American forces somewhere when I was there (remaining vague on purpose).

An American Capt. platoon "leader" and his 1st Sgt were arrested for stabbing some guy, in a OMG related incident:
http://m2m.tmcnet.com/news/2011/04/28/5473570.htm

DoD also compiled a list of suspected gang members in the US Mil. They are around down there.

Up here I haven't seen anything. Yet. It would not surprise me that we would have some members who also have ties to OMGs or OC. As someone mentioned, we are a reflection of the population at large.

Back