• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Something pretty neat just happen this morning...

TN2IC

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
            Well last night someone driving wanted a close up of my park Mitsubishi Lancer. So (of course) I was pretty upset over it. And even this morning I still was brewing about it. The person admitted fault, but it's still the fact that it was done.

Anyways, I went to the local Timmies Drive thru to get my NATO standard coffee. And when I went up to pay, the lady in front of me paid for my coffee.
Well I tell you, that sure made my day. I'm not sure was it because I was in uniform or it was because she felt bad for my car. (No she wasn't the one that ran into my car the night before.)   ;D

So now I"m in a pretty good mood. It shows you that people out in the world still do care. I wish I could thank you the lady that bought the coffee for me.  :cdn:

Regards,
Happy Sgt Schultz

Let me get this right....

Somebody smashes your car, then somebody (anybody) buys you a coffee, and it's all copacetic?

Hmmmm................you're cheap  ;D

Mitsubishi Lancer ?

Those are for people too cheap to own an Eclipse  ;D

Please tell me it is at least a rally or EVO

When someone in front pays for your coffee aren't you, in turn, supposed to pay for the following patron?

This has happened to me before too. I felt like a lemon just saying' thank you' or something like that. Is there a card or something that we can carry around that says 'Thanks for Supporting your Troops' , or soemthing like that, that we can hand out to people who make these nice gestures?

GAP said:
Let me get this right....

Somebody smashes your car, then somebody (anybody) buys you a coffee, and it's all copacetic?

Hmmmm................you're cheap  ;D

I'm a truck driver.. solves all.

You could give me a bouncy ball and I would be happy.  ;D

This has happened to me several times in the past. I can assure you, it does make someone's day.

When it's the 'roll up the rim' time, I usually use those to pay for the person behind me as a good morning gift. Even when in a bad mood... paying for someone's coffee usually will make you feel better. Perhaps your good deed of the day :)

Sorry to hear about your car.

point59 said:
Sorry to hear about your car.

I'm not, he's way over there in OTorontoario , doen't effect me...  ;D

Now, let's get back to the simple things like bouncing ball, coffee, etc that make your life exciting.....

CDN Aviator said:
Mitsubishi Lancer ?

Those are for people too cheap to own an Eclipse   ;D

Please tell me it is at least a rally or EVO

LOL, nah, I love my lancer! Evo would have been sweet, but I don't think I could justify that with 9erD

GAP said:
I'm not, he's way over there in OTorontoario , doen't effect me...  ;D

Let's try more eastern side of Canada... b'y    ;)

Sgt  Schultz said:
Let's try more eastern side of Canada... b'y    ;)

Phssh.....anything east of the Manitoba/Otorontoario border is over there.....whadda I know... ;D

edited to add: 'sides, those with those funny accents and words are actually misplaced Albertans.....aren't they?

Last saturday morning, 3 DND Suburbans heading to the Lethbridge airport for a day of military static and demo, pull into a timmies and each vehicle get a box of donuts handed to them from the staff. It's really nice to feel appreciated.......

WrenchBender

What???  Don't they know there are to be absolutely NO DND vehicles to be parked at  tim hortons!!  lol  MSE safety has eyes everywhere!  :blotto:
TH :cdn:

TangoHotel said:
  What???  Don't they know there are to be absolutely NO DND vehicles to be parked at  tim hortons!!  lol  MSE safety has eyes everywhere!  :blotto:
TH :cdn:

You can park in the lot, but you can't go through the drive through  ::)

Here in CFB Halifax, we're not even allowed to have them in the parking lot!

Only because it takes up all the RCMP parking spaces.    ;D

lol..I can't say anything.  I'd be there too.  My username TangoHotel actually stands for Tim Hortons!!!

Well, I guess I'm going to "out" myself sort of.....

When I travel to Petawawa I frequent the Timmies on the main road. Ususally I get there just about the time when about 5 - 10 CF Members walk in behind me. I place my order and quietly ask the server that I am paying for those CF members behind me, just don't say anything and I'll wait (over at a table somewhere) and come up to settle the bill. I don't care if it is coffee or a full course meal.

I am not looking for any thanks or else I wouldn't be sneaky about it. It is just a very small way I can thank you.  So if you are at Timmies around the 1st of Sept. (my next run up there) I usually make an appearance around 8:30 am. (hint)

Just so you all don't think you are that special (LOL) I do the same thing here in Pennsylvania or where ever I am.

So let me offically say THANK YOU for all the sacrifices you make in keeping all of us safe.

Emma

TangoHotel said:
  Here in CFB Halifax, we're not even allowed to have them in the parking lot!

Just go to the one in Stad...  ;D

Back