• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sound off: What are you doing right now? Aside from the obvious being on here..

Sat 0409h.

Can't sleep.

Its the last day of the Australian summer of 08/09.

Autumn comes to the southern hemisphere tomorrow.

OWDU

still got until 21 March before spring starts over here

Sigh!

So, There I am standing in the entrance to the MIR talking with a friend. Up comes this airforce captain and I, being in uniform quickly come to attention and high five her.

Then I realize I just saluted an airforce corporal... DOH!!

geo said:
still got until 21 March before spring starts over here

Sigh!
Although its now 0418h, its already about 23C outside, and it will be sunny today. Here in the tropics there is two seasons, warm/wet, and hot/dry.

:nod:

Cheers,

Wes

Looking, enjoing, taking time with my familly and running in the first sign of spring...  Before going somewhere else for a long time ;)

Bzzliteyr said:
So, There I am standing in the entrance to the MIR talking with a friend. Up comes this airforce captain and I, being in uniform quickly come to attention and high five her.

Then I realize I just saluted an airforce corporal... DOH!!

Good thing it's FRIDAY!!!!! Bzzliteyr  ;D

I am in the process of making banana bread, lemon and pumpkin loaf to send overseas, 9 all together.  Hope it makes it there okay  ???

This will be the last of my care packages as for most of them their tour is almost done. :yellow: :yellow:

Oh yah...and some for hubby as he has to go play army for the next few weeks in Suffield! :)

A reply to Vern's snow bound pics.....

This is my home in the winter of 2008.

Enjoy  :nod:

Wes

EDIT: Notice the Siamese attack cat in pic No. 1

I"m in the middle of Friday clean like a maniac day.  Missed last week due to having to go to  Kitchener for a funeral so it's extra annoying.  ah well - back to the grind.

Just back from a ride to the local Timmies on my bike (cycle).
This morning, here in southern Ontarrrio, it was 9C by this evening it will be -11 C.

I am betting that Murphys Law will be in effect today.  I am off for the afternoon to move into my new place, released at 1200 hrs.  My Eastlink tech is booked to show up between 1200-1400 hrs.  I have a 25 minute drive home.  I am betting I am the first name on the list and when I get there, I'll have missed him.

No openings were available for 1400-1600 and my mover just called to change my time from 1630 to 1200.

I can see that black cloud forming over my freakin' head now...

Listening to two "computer geeks" trying to transfer music from my daughter's iPod to her new laptop.  ::)

the hamster is turning in the wheel at the thought of an Ottawa M&G

I worked late tonight, hockey tournament across the street. My foot has gone downhill about 500% in the last two or three weeks, and it has become pretty apparent to me that I'm going to need another round of surgery quite soon.  :-\

Oddball

Watching Xena with my 9r. It's a tax refund gift that I am supporting  :warstory:

I'm listening to jazz and vacuuming my new car, a beautiful, British Racing Green 1964 Austin Healey Sprite with a Triumph Spitfire bonnet (complete with 8 custom louves) and wire spoke wheels. Whats a bit embarrassing though is that my 1098cc engine is dwarfed by the 1250cc Harley that my neighbour parks next to me. Still, its my pride and joy.

Hales,

All the better to vist your ole Sergeant  :nod:

Don't become a statistic in that beast.

BBQ and beer fridge on standby.

Gunshow 23-24 May, in the Valley, jot that down in your diary if you aint in the field, ha! Whats it gonna be? Shoalwater Bay, Wide Bay, or worse - Puckapunyal. I sure don't miss those hellholes.

Meanwhile here on Bribie, I am loving the civvy life, and my blue skin armourer's job on base.

Now what I am I doing right now? I cooked a lovely tea, had some lovely chook, with mash and veggies, and I am now here in my study, I am watching my Siamese Sentinal, Sam moniter his perimiter by observing the enemy, in this case a cockroach.

Here is a pic I took a few minutes ago.

Cheers,

Wes

EDIT: The local huntsman spider (at least two are currently in the house somewhere, about 5 inch legspan -- wait, but one only has 5 legs, ha - seen him this am on the front of my fridge). Anyways, I am sure they will be checking this roach out before sunrise.

Your just jealous Wes, that you wont be enjoying the flooded delights of Far North Queensland for 6 months of this year!  :warstory:
I'm pretty sure i'll be around for that gun show, hopefully spend a bit of my bush pay on a reloading kit and I'll definately come up to Bribie in the car, I'm very keen to go for a bit of a drive in it up there, it doesnt get out enough at the moment.
Hope your well, i'm sitting under my Air-con, watching the clear skies out my window, and wishing it wasnt so hot this time of night, oh to be under 6 foot of snow right now...

Enjoying the new shacks? Own toilet and kitchen, thats not bad for what, $135 a FN?

Cheers,

Wes

Back