• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Spinal Injury

Just wanted to bump this old thread...........does the OP have an update on how things went with the injury?  As well, how it got resolved? 
  I would have thought someone suggest that she see a case worker nurse at the MIR.  Its her/his job to make sure our needs are being met, and nothing is being overlooked.
Cheers

CallOfDuty said:
  Just wanted to bump this old thread...........does the OP have an update on how things went with the injury?

She got fixed. She spent a long while off her feet, things healed as perfectly as they could, and she eventually went back to finish BMQ. She did SQ, and is currently on her 3's in Kingston as a Sig Op.

As well, how it got resolved? 

She kept asking, and she got copies of all the paperwork that she asked for. She stayed more soft-spoken than I'd've liked, and the staff telling her coursemates that there was no need for witness statements really rankled me, but she got her own unabridged statement in.

I would have thought someone suggest that she see a case worker nurse at the MIR.  Its her/his job to make sure our needs are being met, and nothing is being overlooked.
Cheers

Thanks. I've never heard of such a creature in my own MIR adventures, and I'll keep it in mind in the future.

Cool.  Thanks for the reply.  :)  I was curious as I'm dealing with my own spinal issue now.  For the most part it's being handled alot better than her story, with a few exceptions here or there.
  If anyone has anything to add in regards to spinal injuries and how it affected your work/trade/medical remusters, I'd love to hear about it.

One thing I'm not clear about is where is the line drawn between someone who can't do thier trade( medical remuster), or say can't perform a rucksack march and stays IN.....as compared to someone who gets the boot? 

I may be jumping the gun here, but it's good to be in the know.

Thanks guys
COD :cdn:

Back