• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Spock the difference! Plans for a new RAF uniform are ridiculed for looking like Star Trek costumes as MoD chiefs say there is 'need for change' due t

dimsum

Army.ca Myth
Mentor
Reaction score
Gotta love the Daily Fail for their headlines!

But they're modernizing the uniform...while keeping stable belts for a service that has never had horses. :unsure:

But they're modernizing the uniform...while keeping stable belts for a service that has never had horses. :unsure:

What do you mean, never had horses?

equitation1-600x336.jpg

Gotta love the Daily Fail for their headlines!

Coincidentally, I was just chatting with an RAF colleague this morning about this very topic.

RAF has pushed out an email saying it was rejected outright.

The alternative being bantered about now should look something more along the lines of...
New RAF Uniform.jpg
Much more aerodynamic. 🏃‍♂️💨

Last edited:
I imagine they would look just spiffy on a body that has been exposed to calories and gravity for a little longer.

View attachment 68489
ryan reynolds hd GIF

View attachment 68489
But will they teach them to play polo?

Change for the sake of change is ridicolous. Costly expenses for what?

Brit milblog Thin Pinstriped Line thinks updated RAF uniforms just fine:

Mark
Ottawa
They're not wrong. There is a space for "traditional" uniforms on parade (the No.1 as it says) but for the day-to-day, why not replace 3B with something like a golf shirt and machine-washable slacks? It would be cheaper than DEU and much cheaper than CADPAT.

Why is 3B even a thing anymore anyways? I can't think of a business these days (like banks, offices, etc) where people wear short-sleeved button-down shirts anymore. Honestly, it reminds me of the A&W guy.

They're not wrong. There is a space for "traditional" uniforms on parade (the No.1 as it says) but for the day-to-day, why not replace 3B with something like a golf shirt and machine-washable slacks? It would be cheaper than DEU and much cheaper than CADPAT.

Why is 3B even a thing anymore anyways? I can't think of a business these days (like banks, offices, etc) where people wear short-sleeved button-down shirts anymore. Honestly, it reminds me of the A&W guy.
Don’t you dare disrespect the A&W guy!

Back