• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

SPORTS in the cf

brandon_

Inactive
Reaction score
So, i searched couldn't find anything. I remember seening a thread on this before but don't remember the answers.      Ok well anyways, I 'm done my application, i've got my enrollment date at the end of this month (if i can walk then) for the reserves, i do plan on going reg force in the future, but that's unneccesary information. My question here is, can i still particapate in certain sports as a member (regf) Like is there a contract you have to sign or something, that says you can't particapate in certain sports or their insurance doesn't cover you if something happens?  I'm wondering because I ski moguls at a preety competetive level i'd say, and i love skiing moguls, i would love to compete them for a longtime. I am a hockey referee, is this aloud? Or whatabout DH MTN biking? I'm sorry if this has been answered but these questions just keep comingup in my mind. 
I don't think i have the right forum, if not i'm sorry move it if you must.
Thanks in advance guys/girls. :snowman:  (i've always wanteed to usse that snowman.)

CDN Aviator said:
Have you ever considered competitive spelling ?
ahhh, I'm usually not that bad at spelling.  I forgot to spell check, and i put it in a few extra letters here and there.
popnfresh said:
Only when you blow the whistle...  ;)  :snowman:
ahaha! :p

As a referee, you may even be able to get involved with the local base to ref intersection ice hockey games, if said base has a program and you're qualified to that level.

There is a posting about "extreme sports" that the CF does not cover, try searching around the forums a bit, and I bet you'll find your answer.

PuckChaser said:
There is a posting about "extreme sports" that the CF does not cover, try searching around the forums a bit, and I bet you'll find your answer.
OK good, I remember seeing a thread on it, but  I could not find it. 
Thanks.

It's in the "Training" forum I believe.

Generally each sport outside of CF stuff is a case-by-case basis and yes you need approval. Certain types of skiing, biking, etc may very well be shot down, just as certain types of martial arts are acceptable and certain others aren't.

You will learn how to write memos at St. jean pretty much as soon as you sign up and then you can submit a memo to your Chain of Command to request approval for a sport.

ballz said:
You will learn how to write memos at St. jean pretty much as soon as you sign up and then you can submit a memo to your Chain of Command to request approval for a sport.
  thank you, When my course starts at the unit feburary 15th (if my ankle/docter permits it) I'll have to ask them.

Shat I didn't realize you were reserves. I don't think a part-time reservists requires any approval because they are still a a civie first at the end of the day and the CF is not responsible for their medical bills What you do on your own time is probably your own business WRT sports.

But the above will be the case if you do decide to join the Regs.

well more or less, the question was directed if i decide to join regs.

Back