• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Starting fresh ...

Lost_52

Inactive
Reaction score
hey so if i were to sign up and suppose i was to get accepted and sworn in and all but im too late for bmq or sq would i walk around the unit as a recruit?? and if so what kind of stuff would i do??
ps. this is reserves

Cheers  :salute:

My first year in the reserves I couldn't get away on course so I was in Training Troop. During that time we went through the stuff that was going to be taught on BMQ, which included lots of lectures and drill sessions. As much of a drag as it was sitting through lectures for a year I found it really gave me a leg up when it came time to go on course in the summer. As an aside if you have a choice between weekend and summer courses I would wait for the summer. Living the life 24/7, even if it is only for 2 months, will never match weekend training.

well yea im thinking thats probably how it would be and when exactly do u et ur pte.'s?? is it after bmq or sq?
as well what kinds of courses are there after u finish bmq, sq and trade qual??

After your BMQ and SQ, you are still known as a Private Recruit. You will be a trained Private once you're done your MOC training, which is usually the summer after. So basically, you're a Pte. R. for a year or so. That is how things are for me anyways.

-Ross

Reg force you are Pte(B) until you get your hook which is after 2 1/2 years in.

I guess I took the "fast-track" method...

Did my BMQ over the weekend from Feb 4, finished about 1 month ago, now on "Pre-SQ" on weekends, then finish SQ in summer and do my BIQ in summer also...

This way I'll be fully trained in UNDER 1 year. About 8-9 months actually, and I won't have anything holding me back except going on my next course next summer!

;)

k yea this is good, i was talking to the recruiter from the unit and he said that there is a co-op program through school that i could take 5 days a week in the morning we would do military traing (pt, classes, drill) and the afternoon we would do highschool courses at the unit and it would give me the 2 co-op credits and 2 highschool credits. After im finished that in about 5 months i would be qualified with my bmq and my sq training and would be ready for BIQ that summer so i would be trained in about 7-8 months.
just an idea

Cheers :salute:

Lost_52 said:
k yea this is good, i was talking to the recruiter from the unit and he said that there is a co-op program through school that i could take 5 days a week in the morning we would do military traing (pt, classes, drill) and the afternoon we would do highschool courses at the unit and it would give me the 2 co-op credits and 2 highschool credits. After im finished that in about 5 months i would be qualified with my bmq and my sq training and would be ready for BIQ that summer so i would be trained in about 7-8 months.
just an idea

Cheers :salute:

That is the advantage of the co-op I guess, being launched right into your MOC training in your first summer course. I'll have to wait until the end of next summer to be a fully trained Private. Have fun with your courses!

yea thnx a lot and good luck to you on all your courses  :salute:
another question for you guys, what kinds of courses would there be for an infantry solder in the reserve after ive completed all my bmq, sq and BIQ?

Back