• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Steel Toe Boots

trencher

Inactive
Reaction score
IM having a big probly with getting issued steel toe boots. The ones i was issused are a EEE and there not fitting at all. I was suppose to recieve magnum steel toes but never recieved them.

What other options do i have? Ive tried 3 different brands they had at supply i wear a 9.5 EEE but these do not fit still my toes are getting jammed up now

trencher said:
Yes I am so that means training base.

I think Vern asked because SHE is in Gagetown as well. Be nice to her, and she maybe able to help you out ;)

trencher said:
Yes I am so that means training base.

Walk into clothing stores (back door ... on the 2RCR lines side of the bldg ... closest end to D14 Drill Hall), the counter right in front of you will be the "Special Orders" counter. Talk to the Pte there and explain your situation to her, she'll proceed to write up the paperwork you need to get your safety boots purchased at the local supplier. I suspect there won't be a problem.

Any problems, turn 90 degrees to your right. First office on your right is the 2IC Clothing Stores (MCpl type -- he may be working the front counter if there's a course in house). Stand in his doorway and explain the sit to him. Any problems, with that, look to your left down the hallway. The doorway at the opposite end (a mere 20 feet), encases the Clothing Supervisor (Sgt Type). Explain your sit to her ...

***Please note - If she doesn't happen to be in her office, it's because she's out for a smoke (which would be the picnic table that you walked by on your way into the bldg via the back door) ... we keep her encased in at work 14 hours a day (except for tomorrow night ... because I'll have her out corrupting her at a Mess Dinner).

Training base plays no part in your requirement at all.

Vern

No i did not mean anything bad when i said that. I ment every training base soo far Ive been dinkered around pretty good.

I went to the supply on gagetown the one near the MIR i forget the building number and tried on both boots they had and i was like they do not fit. He says ok not my prob. I was like well what can i do. He replies i dunno go see ur Course NCO . NEXT.

Im going to get a chit from the Physio and go from there. Whats her name btw

trencher said:
No i did not mean anything bad when i said that. I ment every training base soo far Ive been dinkered around pretty good.

I went to the supply on gagetown the one near the MIR i forget the building number and tried on both boots they had and i was like they do not fit. He says ok not my prob. I was like well what can i do. He replies i dunno go see ur Course NCO . NEXT.

Vern told you what to do to get your boots. Why would you go in a different direction? If you don't want the straight poop on solving your problem, don't ask. If you get the advice and don't follow it, don't complain. Sounds like you're your own worst enemy.

trencher said:
He says ok not my prob. I was like well what can i do. He replies i dunno go see ur Course NCO . NEXT.
This is the point where you ...
ArmyVern said:
... turn 90 degrees to your right. First office on your right is the 2IC Clothing Stores. Stand in his doorway and explain the sit to him. Any problems, with that, look to your left down the hallway. The doorway at the opposite end (a mere 20 feet), encases the Clothing Supervisor (Sgt Type). Explain your sit to her ...
Take the advice you've been given.  It comes from a good source.

trencher said:

The one next to the MIR ... well, Clothing is D9 ... but it's not next to the MIR.

If he said "next" ... then you went to the front counter -- which is not the special orders section. GO TO THE BACK DOOR ... as per below.

And, PM inbound with a name for you. THAT is who you need to see.

Vern

What i ment was the story was from 2 months ago. Ok ill see if i get a chance to go that route to the rear door on monday. Thanks very much for the email. And i do take the advice guys. I was just stateing my last experience.

ArmyVern,

LOVE the pic you are using for the issue pants right now.  This may be out in left field, but if you have to go civvie side, 511 Tactical are marketing a new boot called their XPRT line that has a composite toe design.  What is cool is that the toe cap only comes around the front and sides of your toes, and not over the top.  I'll admit that I have not seen a pair, but their literature says it eliminates toe pinch common to safety toe footwear.  Worth a look, if not just for curiosities sake.

I'm looking to buy some safety boots that will be comfortable in hot weather. They don't need to be a military pattern, although a desert-style boot is fine as long as the price isn't too steep. I've found it difficult to find warm-weather boots in stores at this time of year, and most that I've found online are American and not CSA-approved.

Any recommendations? And while we're at it, any stores I should check out in Ontario?

Rheostatic said:
I'm looking to buy some safety boots that will be comfortable in hot weather. They don't need to be a military pattern, although a desert-style boot is fine as long as the price isn't too steep. I've found it difficult to find warm-weather boots in stores at this time of year, and most that I've found online are American and not CSA-approved.

Any recommendations? And while we're at it, any stores I should check out in Ontario?

These are what I wear for work. http://www.magnumboots.com/ca/prod/5319.asp They have a composite toe cap and sole plate, intead of steel. CSA approved and light weight. Got mine at Brian's Footwear. You can get them at the stores listed http://www.magnumboots.com/ca/dealer/index.asp

Blackhorse7 said:
ArmyVern,

LOVE the pic you are using for the issue pants right now.  This may be out in left field, but if you have to go civvie side, 511 Tactical are marketing a new boot called their XPRT line that has a composite toe design.  What is cool is that the toe cap only comes around the front and sides of your toes, and not over the top.  I'll admit that I have not seen a pair, but their literature says it eliminates toe pinch common to safety toe footwear.  Worth a look, if not just for curiosities sake.

Just be aware though that for the CFs to pick up the tab on safety toe footwear, it has to be CSA approved.  Although most tactical footwear companies will offer safety toe boots, very few of them will go through the added expense and paperwork of getting them CSA approved.

It might be an idea for the mods to start a new sticky list of tactical/military boot models that are CSA approved.

I wear ones similar to RecceGuy, only to meet the Air Force specs, they had to be full leather upper, and no zipper on them, and CSA approved.

Really comfortable boots, although they are warmer than I thought they'd be.  Water-proof, lightweight and comfy like sneakers almost.  They were approx $190 CAD a pair.

Magnum Stealth Force 8.0 Leather WP CT/CP

Eye In The Sky said:
I wear ones similar to RecceGuy, only to meet the Air Force specs, they had to be full leather upper, and no zipper on them, and CSA approved.

Yes, what is with the no zipper thing.  I was given a pair with zippers and recieved a hard time from Sea Training.

I think the issue is that most side-zips there days have non-metallic zippers.  My guess is that in a fire, these zippers are likely to fail, compromising the protection of the boot and you'd be more likely to find yourself bootless.

Just a guess though.  I still see quite a few aircrew with the old combat boots with zippers in them, but they are the issued ones made of some type of metal.

I saw non-metal zippers for the boots I have at Atlantic Workwear and will be getting some when I get back.  Having them on the front can't compromise them like the side-zips could/would.  And I'll be replacing the standard laces with some Kevlar or similar ones that have a FR rating.

:2c:

Back