• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Step test or 2.4km run.

meadep07

Inactive
Reaction score
i am just wondering if in the medical test and interview, they make you run the 2.4kms or do you do a step test to show readiness for basic. i am just wondering what I will need to do that day. I am scheduled to do it all next week and just want to know exactly what i am looking at before i show up.

Thanks.

I am just wondering if in the initial interview and medical, they make you do a full run or if they just do a step test to gauge readiness. Any info anyone has would be great.

meadep07 - Welcome to army.ca.

You don't need to post the same question on more than one thread - it's considered spamming (which is covered in this must-read thread here, which I'm sure you've read).

Also, how much have you searched the site for what you need?

Patience, Padawan ....

Milnet.ca Staff

Good day meadepo07,

Below is a cut and paste form our recruiting website at the following link: http://www.forces.ca/en/page/training-90

Ensure that you conduct a search for information prior to submitting your question.

PHYSICAL FITNESS EVALUATION

During the first week of basic training, you will take a fitness test to assess your level of physical fitness.  You must pass the test to continue with basic training.

This test includes three components:

an 80-metre sprint, dropping to a prone position every 10 metres;
a 20-metre sandbag drag, during which you must carry one 20-kilogram sandbag and pull a minimum of four sandbags on the floor; and
a 20-metre shuttle run to measure aerobic fitness.

If you are applying to join a primary reserve unit then this physical fitness test is apart of the application process.

Back